76ers new logo(s) and uniforms

ScubaSteve

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what makes this rebrand great? The fact that all their marketing speak is 100% true. The details put into these unis truly incorporate 3 different eras. There's no abstract concept of an idea that is totally not believable. Everything is right there in plain site. Props to the Sixers for the brand cohesion they've put together this offseason. It's clear this whole thing was very thought out (live stream aside) and the videos they put together were also really awesome. Job well done.

7 stars on left and 6 on right is fine. But spread it out so not all that blank space after.

I would have put 6 on each side and a star on the "i" in each wordmark.

Bleh. That'd be horrible. That's like a disney movie.

Yeah like a Disney movie:

Philadelphia_Phillies.jpg

I like the idea of 7 stars on one side and 6 on the other, but they should have made the imbalance on the shorts and not the jerseys.

Seriously - it looks like the jerseys have a mistake - like a star fell off on one side. I don't even think they altered the spacing (if they did, they didn't do it nearly enough.)

They could easily have done three stars on one leg and two on the other. That would have made a lot more sense to me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I liked their old set fine, but these are an upgrade. Stars add 13 pieces of flair, which is just below the minimum.

If PHILA was only on the blue it would be better, but I get why they did it.

PHILA STRONG has no legit marketing speak defense. These "untucked effects" are all stupid, especially upside down.

For me in compare to Clippers, thats are a masterpiece, but I'm not 100% sure about V-neck, I like it, but I think round collar should fit better. Second thing, I hope Sixers are finally stop tanking for number one pick, that are too good uniforms to lose game after game etc.

4r2eer.png

About the only change I would have would been to standardize the side panels on all the uniforms instead of having 2 different styles. Other than that, I think they are a solid upgrade and a good retinal disinfectant for what we saw of the Clippers' abomination of a rebrand yesterday.

I'd like to hear the reasoning for putting 4 stars on one side and 3 on the other. If they can sell it like the Dallas Stars owner sold the removal of gold, then I'll buy it. Until now, it still somewhat feels like a flaw to me. Not a huge flaw, but a flaw nonetheless.

I also wish the home jersey had Sixers on the front. But besides that, the rebrand is very solid in terms of all other aspects.

Archived