76ers new logo(s) and uniforms

ScubaSteve

I'd like to hear the reasoning for putting 4 stars on one side and 3 on the other.

Would you rather see the four on the shorts instead of the jersey? It's 13 stars, 13 colonies, 7/6 for "76"

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to hear the reasoning for putting 4 stars on one side and 3 on the other. If they can sell it like the Dallas Stars owner sold the removal of gold, then I'll buy it. Until now, it still somewhat feels like a flaw to me. Not a huge flaw, but a flaw nonetheless.

I also wish the home jersey had Sixers on the front. But besides that, the rebrand is very solid in terms of all other aspects.

Including the shorts, there are 7 stars on one side and 6 on the other. It's just a play on the team name. Also, 7+6 = 13, or one star for each the original 13 colonies. (Philly was the U.S. Capital for about 10 years in the late 1700's.)

stock-footage-united-states-betsy-ross-f

I agree with the others that said they could have been spaced out a little better. I would have spaced them evenly all the way down and put the '6ers logo in place of what would otherwise be the 14th star to give it more balance.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I'd like to hear the reasoning for putting 4 stars on one side and 3 on the other.

Would you rather see the four on the shorts instead of the jersey? It's 13 stars, 13 colonies, 7/6 for "76"

Like I posted before, I'd've much rather seen 4 on the jerseys, 3 on one side of shorts, and 2 on the other (maybe with the logo evening it out, like in one of the posted concepts.)

They way they spaced them on the jerseys really comes thisclose to ruining it for me. It simply looks like an error, instead of the clever idea that it was.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I wish players would stop wearing really long black compression sleeves on their legs. It just doesn't look right with the uniforms and also lame when nearly every player wears it. Everyone looks the same on the court.

There's some minor details that are bugging me, but nobody ever gets a 100/100 on the MUR (McCarthy Uniform Rating).

I'll give them a 94. Loses points for not using the superior shorts design from the red shorts on that of the blue and white. Loses points for using PHILA on both home and road. The assymetrical stars thing is kind of silly, but I never would've noticed.

It's so obviously what they should wear that it's annoying they ever went away from this in the first place.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Are those stars chain-stitched? The adidas Performance Fabric NBA is the last place I'd expect that detail.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Still love the unis, but can't get over two minor things:

1 would have been cool to see a different typeface , perhaps the one that's in the new logo.

2 The lack of outlines on the numbers/wordmark is something I will have trouble getting passed. Hope eventually they make a small tweak.

That being said, can't wait to see them in action.

They're good but not great.

I love the collar and arm trim. I'm really glad that element is starting to come back into basketball design. I also really like the colors they used for the side panels on each jersey.

However, there are a lot of things which could be easily changed to make these great. First off, I'd really like to see waistband trim on these. I understand that you often don't see it on players, but it looks great when you do see it. The number font is awful, not endearing. They should have used either a traditional block like on the '80s set, or a curly font like the '70s set. Also, these look really bad with single color numbers and wordmarks. White jersey numbers should have a red outline, blue jerseys should have a red outline and the red jerseys should be blue outlined in white. Sixers should be on the home jersey, too.

Also, they should have done the shorts the same on all three jerseys. Either truncated panel from the reds on all three, or, as I would prefer, full length on all three. Plus, sort out the star issue by moving the imbalance to the shorts and putting the logo on the lesser side.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I just cannot deal with Phila. I prefer the previous uniform for that reason.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Lack of outline= -.5

PHILA on both jerseys= -.5

9/10

Pros: 7 stars/6 stars

Clean

Classic

Not the Clippers

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

-Change "PHILA" to "SIXERS"

-Red stars on blue jerseys, blue stars on red jerseys

-Pick one shorts design. Both look good, but it doesn't make sense to have two similar shorts designs that are so similar

Do those things and these are pretty close to perfect for the 76ers.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived