76ers new logo(s) and uniforms

ScubaSteve

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with these is that they don't have a modern touch to them. While the waistline logo is a nice detail, it's not enough. They're just retro unis, that's it. Hence, don't get a pass from me.

Using the typeface from their logo would give them more personality and might've done it for me.

They're good but not great.

I love the collar and arm trim. I'm really glad that element is starting to come back into basketball design. I also really like the colors they used for the side panels on each jersey.

However, there are a lot of things which could be easily changed to make these great. First off, I'd really like to see waistband trim on these. I understand that you often don't see it on players, but it looks great when you do see it. The number font is awful, not endearing. They should have used either a traditional block like on the '80s set, or a curly font like the '70s set. Also, these look really bad with single color numbers and wordmarks. White jersey numbers should have a red outline, blue jerseys should have a red outline and the red jerseys should be blue outlined in white. Sixers should be on the home jersey, too.

Also, they should have done the shorts the same on all three jerseys. Either truncated panel from the reds on all three, or, as I would prefer, full length on all three. Plus, sort out the star issue by moving the imbalance to the shorts and putting the logo on the lesser side.

The bolded are my biggest complaints as well. Overall these are pretty good, but a couple small details away from being awesome. Still an upgrade, IMO.

And a billion times better than the Clippers.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

NO SLEEVES! Yet... I'd give them an 8/10. Overall a good looking set, but I would give an outline to the wordmarks and numbers, along with having the home and roads say "Sixers" and the alt saying "Phila" instead.

Overall, I like them. The only things I would've changed:

1. Colored borders to the team name and number fonts (red for home whites, and blue for red alternates). I would've inverted the font color on the blue road jerseys, making them red with white borders to further homage the Wilt jerseys.

2. Changed the name of the home whites from "PHILA" to Sixers.

Simple, effective. I would have swapped instances of "PHILA" and "SIXERS" (i.e. home whites and road blues read "SIXERS", red alts get "PHILA") but otherwise no real complaints.

THIS is how you make a RWB color scheme work in the NBA. Steve Ballmer take notes, please.

THIS is how you make a RWB color scheme work in the NBA. Steve Ballmer take notes, please.

Steve Ballmer is just oblivious to the fact that the new Clippers uniform (road) sucks. People don't mind change if it's decent change, theirs wasn't.

You don't use a small logo on the front chest, you use a wordmark, as they've done on the new home jersey, which isn't half-bad. The new Clippers away uniforms unless you're zoomed in on it looks like a blank jersey with only the player number being visible. I really liked their blue away alternate with the 'Los Angeles' wordmark, I will miss that one. Black is their new alternate .. *yawn ....

As far as Philadelphia's new retro based uniform I give a total thumbs up. Only thing I'd of done different is on the red one that reads 'SIXERS', I'd of left the jersey solid red, no white siding. Similar to what their 1983 Championship team wore.

home-detail-12-e1434673730232.jpg?w=320

alternate-detail-1-e1434673709398.jpg?w=

These might look a bit better with number outlines, bit the way these uniforms have such thick, bold strokes and no red and blue touching at any point, they already look complete.

Massive upgrade for the Sixers.

Archived