ScubaSteve

76ers new logo(s) and uniforms

The same Twitter account also said that they trademarked Baller Ben. I would expect to see him more after the positive response

3588_philadelphia_76ers-secondary-2015.p

Here are the logo's in color from their website.

logos-1500_0.png?itok=zBKzsIDg

Uniforms to be revealed June 18th

NEW UNIFORMS WILL BE UNVEILED AT PUBLIC EVENT ATTENDED BY SIXERS LEGENDS

AND CURRENT PLAYERS ON JUNE 18 AT THE WELLS FARGO CENTER

I hope the "partial primary" continues to be used as the de-facto primary, like it was when they had the box primary.

How long have they had their current uniforms? I feel like they just got 'em. But time flies when you are old.

Initial thought - if they HAVE to use the city name then this is a fine way to do it. Major upgrade from the box.

Agreed.

I also hope to see more of Baller Ben.

I wish they had kept the old ball shape. But im glad they have finally incorporated Philadelphia properly into the primary logo. And that secondary 76 logo better be used a lot because it suits everything perfectly.

Philadelphia Union roundel + Clippers' soon-abandoned basketball = new Sixers primary.

Overall though, definitely an upgrade. Also, I was hesitant at first but now I'm glad they altered the logo to look less like a volleyball.

I'm glad they fixed the basketball to the current NBA ball. Roundel, yes, but roundels are in. And leaps and bounds better than the rectangle, that read 76ERS: PHILADELPHIA, like a documentary title.

At least now the name sequence is correct. Don't really care for the Benjamin secondary. Should've left it at the all-star game.

OR, leave behind the stupid bunny and dog mascots, and make Benjamin your mascot, and let this become the mascot logo.

Not too bad I think the Partial would look awesome on the floor

I like the old ball better. The line under the S is bothersome on the new logos.

Honestly, I would love to see Ben with Philadelphia 76ers above/below him like the old Hormets logo. Doesn't really match the general vibe of NBA primaries but that's why I'd love to see it.

Nice that they appear to be utilizing some navy. I have high hopes for their new unis, hopefully they integrate some stars somewhere, perhaps along the side panels.

Just posted this in the 15-16 NBA changes thread, but wanted to share here as well. Looks like there is a similarity between the type font numbers (ITC Bookman Demi BT) and the numbers used on the Sixers banners at their training facilities. Perhaps this is a glimpse of what the unis may end up looking like? Compare for yourself.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsNJhM3CMAAjxEl.jpg:large

vs.

http://fontsov.com/data/font_face/Bookman_ITC_Demi_BT-77.png

Not exact, but close.

A circle of stars inside a semi-circle of stars? So superfluous. They could've put the word 'Basketball' in there to fill the space. Great that they updated the ball. The old one looked very amateur and dated. So overall an upgrade. Don't care for the circle of stars and 76 inside the circle secondaries, though. Never cared for that Sixers' logo in the first place.

Isn't it great when a team clearly has an amazing and clever logo that ties into their city's history but they completely ignore it?

Hopefully this is one of those deals where the actual "primary" is rarely used in favor of the better logo (see: Baltimore Orioles)

Actual primary: lty880yrmrra64y6tqfqmdnbf.gif

Logo that is actually used: 5281902012.gif

This is literally the best we could hope for from an NBA team. I'm sure the jerseys will suck, but they did good in only making logo changes that most people wouldn't even notice. The new primary looks organic and works well.

We saw the logo with the new basketball last year. It was used during a Sixers broadcast...there were posts on this board...I think we decided it was a concept or something.

How long have they had their current uniforms? I feel like they just got 'em. But time flies when you are old.

We have had essentially the same uniform since the 2009-10 season (save for minor fabric changes and other small details). It was introduced during the same off-season we returned to the traditional red, white and blue color scheme and logo.

Why did they ever confine the original basketball to the unnecessary and obtrusive square with the silver bevel anyways?

http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_by_league/6/National_Basketball_Association/NBA/logos/

The Bucks' beer label logo looks like it doesn't belong, as I new it would.

Funny, I think it looks better in this context than it does by itself.