76ers new logo(s) and uniforms

ScubaSteve

Compared to the box, the roundel does this Sixers logo better justice. But I agree, it needs more red to balance things out.

I hope Baller Ben makes it on the uniforms. In fact, I'd like to see him at center court.

Yes, it's another roundel. But imo it would be the best roundel the NBA has to offer.

There's another roundel coming that will top all of them IMO. But this shouldn't be news, it's already been displayed publicly...

NYCdog.png

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But they're not another RWB team. They're staying a RWB team, and they've always been such, even when they were black, gold and silver. You can't judge the 76ers just because other teams use the same colors they've been using for 60 something years. And it's the same thing in baseball. Is it frustrating that so many teams use blue? Mildly. But that doesn't mean we should do crap like put the Indians in an awful brown/red combo or make the Twins wear purple when both teams have been in their current colors for about a century. All it means is we should stop new teams from blanding out and going navy when they clearly should be wearing something else. I'm looking at you, Padres. Also, see Atlanta Hawks.

I agree so much with this. Everytime I see a purple Twins concept I want to smash the concepter through the computer.

The 76ers are the wrong team with which to pick this r/w/b gripe.

Personally, I love R/W/B. There's a reason so many teams/countries use it - because it's a fantastic looking color scheme and it's easy to get behind if you're a fan.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The more I look at it, the more I liked the previous ball better. They turned the ball slightly to show off the new seams, but now they have an issue with the seems stopping for the circle of stars and in the middle of the 6. Those were problems they didn't have previously. Also, I just noticed that Philadelphia is italicized. Radially arched italics are bad, mmkay? They're best left to the Mavericks, and left in the past. Straightening out those letters would improve the primary.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Here's the new logo in color. Uniforms to debut on June 18th.

CEzyLQ0UMAA7q1q.jpg

Not enough red. Basketball line under the "s" bothers me. Not bad though.

Can someone with some actual skill make the bottom half of the outer part of the logo red instead of blue?

CEzyLQ0UMAA7q1q.jpg

Can someone with some actual skill make the bottom half of the outer part of the logo red instead of blue?

Here you go:

76erslogo.png

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

CEzyLQ0UMAA7q1q.jpg

Here you go:

76erslogo.png

love the red modification
shado_logo.gif

But they're not another RWB team. They're staying a RWB team, and they've always been such, even when they were black, gold and silver. You can't judge the 76ers just because other teams use the same colors they've been using for 60 something years. And it's the same thing in baseball. Is it frustrating that so many teams use blue? Mildly. But that doesn't mean we should do crap like put the Indians in an awful brown/red combo or make the Twins wear purple when both teams have been in their current colors for about a century. All it means is we should stop new teams from blanding out and going navy when they clearly should be wearing something else. I'm looking at you, Padres. Also, see Atlanta Hawks.

I agree so much with this. Everytime I see a purple Twins concept I want to smash the concepter through the computer.

The 76ers are the wrong team with which to pick this r/w/b gripe.

Personally, I love R/W/B. There's a reason so many teams/countries use it - because it's a fantastic looking color scheme and it's easy to get behind if you're a fan.

This. There's a time and place to discuss the over-abundance of R/W/B in sports. A discussion about the Philadelphia 76ers is neither. They, more then any other team, look "right" in that scheme.

As for the logo? HUGE upgrade. Yeah, it's a roundel. Still? It's the best we could have hoped for given the NBA's nonsensical logo rules.

76erslogo.png

Looks too much like Washington's new mark.

The over-abundance of blue works if the new uniforms are going to be predominantly blue. Besides, I see the official roundel getting the least amount of use, save for the star circle. We'll probably see the 76 circle and partial primary more then any other, and those have a more equal colour balance.

CEzyLQ0UMAA7q1q.jpg

That's pretty much the first thing I noticed too.

If only they would fix that bit and move the stars down a little it would be great.

tdKf43F.png

CEzyLQ0UMAA7q1q.jpg

Here you go:

76erslogo.png

This reminds me of the Texas Rangers baseball roundel. Id say give the basketball red outlines and keep the blue outer roundel...

ajfeh4oqeealq37er15r3673h.png

NYCdog.png

CEzyLQ0UMAA7q1q.jpg

Here you go:

76erslogo.png

love the red modification

Disagree. Looks really amateur. More red is needed, but a 50/50 roundel isn't the way to go.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

CEzyLQ0UMAA7q1q.jpg

Here you go:

76erslogo.png

This reminds me of the Texas Rangers baseball roundel. Id say give the basketball red outlines and keep the blue outer roundel...

ajfeh4oqeealq37er15r3673h.png

Beat me to it. I like the 76ers roundel design the way it is; to me, the Texas Rangers are always having a split personality issue and seems like they don't know whether they are a blue-dominant team or a red-dominant team, and so they alternate jersey colors every so often.

CEzyLQ0UMAA7q1q.jpg

"Basketball line under the "s" bothers me."

You said it, brother.

But that doesn't mean we should do crap like put the Indians in an awful brown/red combo

:mad: you're an awful brown/red combo

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived