76ers new logo(s) and uniforms

ScubaSteve

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, as soon as I saw the new logos, I suddenly remembered this:

SFGiants58's - http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98662-nba-project-32-phoenix-suns-update/page-17#entry2267883

13475491395_9905512f4c_c.jpg

So they really stole that Ben Frankin logo from SFGiants58?

It's not that, both Conrad and SF correctly predicted the look of the new primary of the SIXERS. Close enough to the finished product.

By the way, as soon as I saw the new logos, I suddenly remembered this:

SFGiants58's - http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98662-nba-project-32-phoenix-suns-update/page-17#entry2267883

13475491395_9905512f4c_c.jpg

So they really stole that Ben Frankin logo from SFGiants58?

No, the logo was released to the public last year. I brought it into my concept, and switched the blue from the light royal to the dark royal (which I like more).

Conrad and I were able to predict the cleaned-up ball, though our logos do look a little bit cleaner because we made the "76ers" word mark smaller, so it doesn't interfere with the ball lines.

Here's the new logo in color. Uniforms to debut on June 18th.

CEzyLQ0UMAA7q1q.jpg

Not enough red. Basketball line under the "s" bothers me. Not bad though.

Can someone with some actual skill make the bottom half of the outer part of the logo red instead of blue?

Here you go:

76erslogo.png

Thanks for doing that. Saw some negative comments but personally, I think it looks great.

Everything about this update looks great. When they added the square box around the logo a few years ago, it was a bad solution to adding "Philadelphia" in the logo, and it seems they knew it too since they rarely used the box "primary". By making this a roundel to fit around an already round basketball, it just looks more natural.

The only issue I've ever seen with this/past 76ers logos is that they could have have the basketball lines interact better with the "76ers" lettering, but this small detail hardly ruins a good logo. SFGiants58's concept does a good job with those lines completely disappearing behind the numbers/letters.

I hope the Sixers keep this look forever.

But that doesn't mean we should do crap like put the Indians in an awful brown/red combo

:mad: you're an awful brown/red combo

I'm sorry it came out like this. I was hoping to take you out for ice cream to break it to you, but it needed to be said.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Here are the logo's in color from their website.

logos-1500_0.png?itok=zBKzsIDg

Uniforms to be revealed June 18th

NEW UNIFORMS WILL BE UNVEILED AT PUBLIC EVENT ATTENDED BY SIXERS LEGENDS

AND CURRENT PLAYERS ON JUNE 18 AT THE WELLS FARGO CENTER

While roundels have been a fad lately, the Sixers are the team that actually needs it more than anybody. Especially since the NBA logo rules prohibit them from reintroducing just the basketball with the 76ers wordmark. Oh yeah, Baller Ben is one of the coolest and most creative logos I have ever seen in any league. Period.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

It's really blue heavy, as many have pointed out. I prefer this treatment

76ers_zpsc5jntjnr.png

Something about that red roundel just sticks out in a not-so-good way. I don't quite have the right words, I have a bit of trouble explaining but anyhow...

It's not ugly. But I still think they got it right with the blue circle, in place of red. All the logos are consistent colorwise, even though the only red is found on the #7. It just works to me.

I want Baller Ben everywhere.

Baller Ben is a phenomenal idea.

Ben Franklin was a boss.

If I was a guy in Philly I would dress up like Baller Ben for every game.

Ben-Franklin-the-office--28us-29-265646_

It's really blue heavy, as many have pointed out. I prefer this treatment

76ers_zpsc5jntjnr.png

FANTASTIC!

I prefer this and the red/blue to the all blue, but I think they are in a blue period now. It's blue overload with the ball, for me anyway. I guess I see the 76ers as more red than blue.

But that doesn't mean we should do crap like put the Indians in an awful brown/red combo

:mad: you're an awful brown/red combo

I'm sorry it came out like this. I was hoping to take you out for ice cream to break it to you, but it needed to be said.

I'm all for brown and red on the Indians or Cubs.

Bears are brown! Or black! Or white! Are they polar cubs? :)

Seriously, I want a brown-red combo in sports. Wish the Grizzlies had gone that route. They were right there...

I cannot for the life of me understand what people see in that Ben Franklin logo illustration. 90's design trends are constantly trashed for their cartoonish logos but this gets a pass.

It's not really that detailed. I like it because sometimes I want whimsy in my sports, damn it! It's way more fun that the 76ers on top of a white basketball with some spinning stars or whatever is going on above the seven. Also, this is a league where the Raptors just switched to a logo completely devoid of character, the Nets now lack any color, and the Clippers are about to drop one of the all-time worst logos in the history of pro sports in addition to the Thunder. I applaud the sixers for going with something a little off the wall, even if it's a tad bit "Minor league baseball".

The only thing that bothers me is his right hand is enormous. The forced perspective was trying to make something happen there, but it's still off.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived