76ers new logo(s) and uniforms

ScubaSteve

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official wordmarks for the unis...

CE48D12UgAAZotb.jpg

Are they different than current?

So it seems like it'll be the same uniforms with new wordmarks and logos. I was expecting more.

crazypills.jpg

No outlines!!!??? WTF!!? It's the same look then!! Personally I've always hated "Phila" wordmarks. Golden state is just as long as Philadelphia (10 vs 11 words). Or why not just have 1 uniform with it spelled out. Anyways totally expecting more now underwhelmed BIG TIME. Props on the red SIXERS alternate though.

shado_logo.gif

When I type my address for deliveries I usually type "Phila, PA". Many others do the same.

I write out old-fashioned state abbreviations: Ill., Wisc., Ind., Calif., Fla., and so forth. I just think it looks better! If the post office doesn't like it, they can shoot me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They should totally adopt a gradient alternate uni with a HUGE Ballin' Ben splashed across the front, tons of stars and crap in the background. Make it loud as hell and embrace it, because the era we're entering of boring-ass arched wordmarks kind of sucks.

I'm down with this! Haha

CE48D12UgAAZotb.jpg

Are they different than current?

So it seems like it'll be the same uniforms with new wordmarks and logos. I was expecting more.

crazypills.jpg

No outlines!!!??? WTF!!? It's the same look then!! Personally I've always hated "Phila" wordmarks. Golden state is just as long as Philadelphia (10 vs 11 words). Or why not just have 1 uniform with it spelled out. Anyways totally expecting more now underwhelmed BIG TIME. Props on the red SIXERS alternate though.

the difference, at least to me, is that Philadelphia is a single word, while Golden State is two.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

They should totally adopt a gradient alternate uni with a HUGE Ballin' Ben splashed across the front, tons of stars and crap in the background. Make it loud as hell and embrace it, because the era we're entering of boring-ass arched wordmarks kind of sucks.

I'm down with this! Haha

I'll propably make a concept out of this, lol.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I've never liked that they use SIXERS, but the NBA's silly rule that the uniform can't read 76ERS leaves that as their only option because SEVENTY-SIXERS would look bad. PHILADELPHIA is also a long word for a basketball jersey, but I'm not a fan of PHILA. I think it's the gap created between the L and the A. The other 4 letters are crammed to the left and the A is just kind of hanging out there. Maybe a different font would help.

Back to the 76ERS rule - Like the refs are going to see 76ers across their chests and think everybody on the team is #76? Asinine.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Aren't you guys seeing what is happening here? The Sixers are simply conditioning your brain so that when you see their full front sponsorship deal (like in soccer) unveiled next year you won't vomit all over your computer! Get ready for big corporate named teams! The end is near!!!!

fila-logo.jpg

Love the typeface for the wordmarks and the fact that they brought Phila back. However, I don't like Phila on both primary uniforms. I would have gone with Sixers on the home and maybe the red alt (to match the 80s look) and Phila on the blue jersey.

Love the typeface for the wordmarks and the fact that they brought Phila back. However, I don't like Phila on both primary uniforms. I would have gone with Sixers on the home and maybe the red alt (to match the 80s look) and Phila on the blue jersey.

Exactly. The Phila is cool, but not when it's over used. It should say Sixers at home.

CE48D12UgAAZotb.jpg

I have always hated shortening nicknames (Cavaliers to Cavs is the worst) but for some reason, as a huge 76ers fan in the late 1970's thru the mid 1980's, I didn't mind "Sixers." Not sure why...

I think you are burying the lead here. To me it's the shortening to "Phila" that is most maddening.

Back in the super-old days of the NBA, you had a few of these: "PHILA", "MPLS", (more?). I always thought it was a way to make the manufacturing easier...like they could not deal with more / smaller letters or something. That's probably not true, but it is how it strikes me.

Using "Phila" seems more "old" than "retro". I really, really hate this. I can deal with "Sixers", particularly since "Seventy Sixers" or "76ers" would look odd on a jersey.

Also of note, more separating of colors--a trend I hate. Outlines would be a big improvement. I hope the jerseys will find a way to actually use both red and blue. But the non-outlined wordmarks are discouraging.

Plus "Phila" at home?

"Sixers" is 4th on my list of problems. I think they nailed it right here:

I hope we don't start seeing more of this: CHI, MINN, DENV, etc.

You mean like PHX and ATL? :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I have always hated shortening nicknames (Cavaliers to Cavs is the worst) but for some reason, as a huge 76ers fan in the late 1970's thru the mid 1980's, I didn't mind "Sixers." Not sure why...

I think you are burying the lead here. To me it's the shortening to "Phila" that is most maddening.

Back in the super-old days of the NBA, you had a few of these: "PHILA", "MPLS", (more?). I always thought it was a way to make the manufacturing easier...like they could not deal with more / smaller letters or something. That's probably not true, but it is how it strikes me.

Using "Phila" seems more "old" than "retro". I really, really hate this. I can deal with "Sixers", particularly since "Seventy Sixers" or "76ers" would look odd on a jersey.

Also of note, more separating of colors--a trend I hate. Outlines would be a big improvement. I hope the jerseys will find a way to actually use both red and blue. But the non-outlined wordmarks are discouraging.

Plus "Phila" at home?

Did not think of those at the time. And yeah, they suck. So do NHL wordmarks "Bolts" and "Sens".

I guess I am in the minority but I don't find these charming and the fact that "Phila" is used on mail envelopes is neither here nor there to me. That's shorthand for people cutting a corner while writing an envelope. Jerseys don't need shorthand.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

CE48D12UgAAZotb.jpg

Plus "Phila" at home?

Exactly.

Not to mention, Motor City, Rip City, Clutch City, etc.

I think Philly gets a pass on using 'PHILA.' The full city name is 11 letters for crying out loud. Not that it can't be done, but it would look way too cluttered. Places like Phoenix, Atlanta, Detroit, Portland, etc. don't even break double digits.

Archived