76ers new logo(s) and uniforms

ScubaSteve

They should totally adopt a gradient alternate uni with a HUGE Ballin' Ben splashed across the front, tons of stars and crap in the background. Make it loud as hell and embrace it, because the era we're entering of boring-ass arched wordmarks kind of sucks.

Preach it. B)

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Philly gets a pass on using 'PHILA.' The full city name is 11 letters for crying out loud. Not that it can't be done, but it would look way too cluttered. Places like Phoenix, Atlanta, Detroit, Portland, etc. don't even break double digits.

curry-randolph-hardwood-classics.jpg

Scroll up (or other page) San Francisco can be done..so Philadelphia can too!

shado_logo.gif

No

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

A circle of stars inside a semi-circle of stars? So superfluous. They could've put the word 'Basketball' in there to fill the space.

Why, so it could be an even bigger ripoff of the Nets?

sa3u750436kiqct0v5a9xw6uh.gif5995.gif

It already basically is a Nets "ripoff", so going a bit further doesn't make much difference in that aspect. Especially when that old Nets logo with the word 'Basketball' in it is no longer in use. Adding stars everywhere just for the sake of stars is a huge fetish of American sports branding, something that really annoys me. That's not mentioning the fact that there already is one circle of stars in the logo.

What? Nets ripoff? The Sixers have had the same basic logo since 1963. The Nets ripped off the Sixers! Good try though.....

Hence the quotation marks.....

See, I wish the wordmarks had an outline to them, rather than just being plain

detm5O7.png

Obviously the red one would say SIXERS but I didn't feel like tracing over that one too

This would be 10x better but SIXERS wordmark for road and alt would have been better. (i know laziness..but its cool)

shado_logo.gif

To the people saying Philadelphia could be pulled off.......not with adidas at the helm....lets not forget how they handled having New Orleans on a jersey. And Philadelphia would be one more letter too! (counting the space as a character in new orleans)

new-orleans-pelicans-uniforms-4.jpg

A circle of stars inside a semi-circle of stars? So superfluous. They could've put the word 'Basketball' in there to fill the space.

Why, so it could be an even bigger ripoff of the Nets?

sa3u750436kiqct0v5a9xw6uh.gif5995.gif

Off topic, but looking at them side by side, I find the classic Nets logo far better than the new one.

I Like them putting PHILA on the uniforms. It's rare that people say or spell out Philadelphia. And I agree, it would look too cluttered. Plus, I think the PHILA is just a little uniqueness to the 76ers, I think its congruent with the "SIXERS" and "76ERS" nicknames. I am always a fan of when teams do something a little bit different or odd... similar to the Oakland Athletics wearing the white shoes with the gray pants. I don't know, I think there is something cool about "PHILA, 76ERS and SIXERS".

Here's the new logo in color. Uniforms to debut on June 18th.

CEzyLQ0UMAA7q1q.jpg

were the colors updated? It was a light blue everywhere I looked but now the main site has a darker Blue?

Reminds me of the Warriors and print logo very light but the jersey and everywhere used is royal blue

7034_philadelphia_76ers-primary-2016.png

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Sixers are using a banner at the the top of their Twitter page to promote the jersey unveiling...

Take a look at the number font for the date...I'm guessing this is what they will use on the jerseys. It matches the numbers used on jersey banners at their PCOM facilities.

EDIT: My mistake

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The landing page on sixers.com appears to be teasing a portion of the jerseys...

Not sure if this is the new version of the uniform or the current, but if it is in fact the new, then there will be no colors on the waistbands.

I think Philly gets a pass on using 'PHILA.' The full city name is 11 letters for crying out loud. Not that it can't be done, but it would look way too cluttered. Places like Phoenix, Atlanta, Detroit, Portland, etc. don't even break double digits.

curry-randolph-hardwood-classics.jpg

Scroll up (or other page) San Francisco can be done..so Philadelphia can too!

Those uniforms are atrocious though.

Archived