FIBA Basketball Unis Concepts - Vasco da Gama Ful Set Added

OlavoP

Part of this may be just conforming to what basketball uniforms usually look like here in North America, but here's what I would do:

• Move the CABJ crest to sides of the shorts

• Move the yellow stripe slightly higher on the chest

• Put "CABJ" in blue on the yellow stripe with a blue star on either side

• Enlarge the front number — it can stay on the right, but maybe not quite so far over; try lining it up with the right edge of the "CABJ" text in the stripe

• Add a thin white stripe to the trim around the neck and arm holes so that it mimics the striping elsewhere on the uniform

• Maybe a small white drop shadow on the back number?

Awesome! But I would put a thicker yellow stripe on

Love it! But definitely a thicker yellow stripe and maybe even the number in blue inside the stripe.

Thanks guys. I tried loads of things with the stripe, but I liked the final outcome as something that resembles the football uniforms, but keeps it's own identity.

I think the chest stripe looks good, I'd center or enlarge the front numbers.

Thanks, I may try to enlarge them

Part of this may be just conforming to what basketball uniforms usually look like here in North America, but here's what I would do:

• Move the CABJ crest to sides of the shorts

• Move the yellow stripe slightly higher on the chest

• Put "CABJ" in blue on the yellow stripe with a blue star on either side

• Enlarge the front number — it can stay on the right, but maybe not quite so far over; try lining it up with the right edge of the "CABJ" text in the stripe

• Add a thin white stripe to the trim around the neck and arm holes so that it mimics the striping elsewhere on the uniform

• Maybe a small white drop shadow on the back number?

I actually love how FIBA and NBA uniforms are different, but I may try to make some of your ideas happen.The one I like the most is the white drop shadow on the number, will try it if I change the font to a more blocky one.

Very basic and looks great.

Thank you

____
I may try some Obras Sanitarias kits later, and then finish Boca one's. Will problably open a new topic on FIBA uniforms...

I was more exited to do this then the Boca one's, so I'll finish Vasco's unis first. Here it is, the first Alternate:
k3SNboZ.png

Thoughts on the kits and on the identity itself, with the wordmark instead of the team badge?

Vasco's full set, the idea between wordmark and the cross mix is to play away from home with the club name on the shirt, so the blue alternate is for home games and the grey one is for road matches:

3fWSUDW.png

ZWPFtYQ.png

wuNaqOv.png

oAzyxjO.png

I think the final result are simple and can be improved, so I would love some feedback. Making basketball uniforms using a brand like umbro is hard, because I had to imagine a style to follow, had no references for templates or what the kits should be focusing on.

Vasco looks fresh! But I would use the wordmark like they had in the late 90's and early 00's

http://imguol.com/c/esporte/2013/10/11/nene-parte-para-a-bandeja-durante-jogo-contra-o-fluminense-quando-atuava-no-vasco-em-2001-1381533594431_787x1200.jpg

Just to inform guys here a bit more about the Brazilian Basketball, Vasco is Nenê's former team...they had a really good team during late 90's and early 00's with some legendary Brazilian players like Rogério Klafke, Sandro Varejão (Anderson Varejão's older brother) and Helinho, also Charles Byrd was the American superstar of the team and the head coach was Hélio Rubens, one of Brazil's biggest legends in basketball.

For the next kits I would like to see what you can do with Paulistano or Mogi and Peñarol

Archived