NFL Anti-Thread: Sponsored by FanKings

Cosmic

Is there such a thing as a wifebeater with long sleeves?

That sounds like one of those Chuck Norris jokes - "Chuck Norris can wear a wifebeater with sleeves."

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice deal the Bears have, being just as incompetent as the league's usual punching bags if not more so, but always being let off the hook because the team is really old and Walter Payton did a rap song once. Garbage franchise.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nice deal the Bears have, being just as incompetent as the league's usual punching bags if not more so, but always being let off the hook because the team is really old and Walter Payton did a rap song once. Garbage franchise.

I'd rather deal with this garbage franchise doing it's standard dumb things than root for the Browns.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

But please, tell us again how the alleged removal of 0.2 psi from a football is a mortal sin.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!

Whatever horrible crap has happened to that franchise so far this year is just a blip compared to what they deserve.

#ReleaseTheCrackhead

So glad Carolina had the sense to get rid of him.

Also, while not admirable, there was also that (albeit slim) chance that Tom Brady could've been suspended over under-inflated footballs while Greg Hardy played as usual in Week 5.

The NFL has its priorities set just fine.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Speaking of, go to suntimes dot com on a non-mobile device. If the garbage design and ad assault doesn't melt your computer, mouse over "Sports" in the header and check out what's first in the dropdown.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Speaking of, go to suntimes dot com on a non-mobile device. If the garbage design and ad assault doesn't melt your computer, mouse over "Sports" in the header and check out what's first in the dropdown.

R98Vq.gif

twitter

I don't understand what these photos change. This is what domestic violence looks like. Same thing with the Ray Rice video. When I heard he knocked out his fiancee in an elevator and dragged her unconscious body into the hall, I pretty much pictured exactly what happened in that video. The level of outrage shouldn't change just because we have a visual to attach to the story now.

Did the league or Cowboys see these photos prior to his suspension?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Did the league or Cowboys see these photos prior to his suspension?

League: yes. Cowboys: No

From ESPN:

A source tells ESPN's Ed Werder that the NFL saw all of the police photos released Friday during a trip to North Carolina by NFL investigator Lisa Friel in April, before Hardy was suspended by the NFL. The source tells Werder that the NFL also sued the state of North Carolina for the right to view seven additional photos related to the incident.

In addition, a league source tells Werder that at no time during the NFL's investigation, nor through his suspension and appeal, did Hardy demonstrate any remorse for the incident.

The Cowboys, meanwhile, did not have access to the photos at the time they signed Hardy, owner Jerry Jones confirmed in a statement Friday night.

Philadelphia radio host called Dallas sports talk show host Dale Hansen who said he was appalled by the number of people calling his show saying they were happy about the photos because maybe it would get Hardy extra mad and help them beat the Eagles.

The Philadelphia host started a gofundme for a Dallas domestic violence organization and has raised more than $10k so far.

Philadelphia radio host called Dallas sports talk show host Dale Hansen who said he was appalled by the number of people calling his show saying they were happy about the photos because maybe it would get Hardy extra mad and help them beat the Eagles.

The Philadelphia host started a gofundme for a Dallas domestic violence organization and has raised more than $10k so far.

Background: Hansen is the long time sports anchor for WFAA-TV (ABC), but he hasn't had a radio jib since 2009 when he ranted on radio concerning how the NFL hanlded the Ben Roethlisberger incident and suspension.

He often uses his 3 minutes a night for commentaries like ones on:

Being molested as a child at age 10: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xnopu8iwMG0

Michael Sam in 2014 (which got him on "Ellen"): http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ieI1aSkQSI8

Hardy from this March: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AWiB54tXemc

"PacMan" Jones in 2008: https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=P8rZmPENqU4

And mostly for his Christmas commentary, "Thank God for Kids".

However, Dale has also kept a grudge against Jerry Jones from his firing as radio color analyst in 1995.

Archived