NFL Anti-Thread: Sponsored by FanKings

Cosmic

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And the Cowboys needed him why?

So they could go 2 and 5, apparently.

The 2-5 can be pinned on the offense sputtering with Romo being out. The defense has been doing their job. Offense just isn't scoring or staying on the field long enough.

I can't be mad with Dallas or Jerry Jones about signing Hardy. And, to a degree, I can't blame the NFL when an arbitrator reduced his penalty.

Now, I'm not gonna say whether the NFL should banish Hardy for life or not. I believe lifetime bans in sports should be limited only to circumstances where the legitimacy of the league/game is at question. Off the field issues, even when it comes to rape or murder or whatever, should have maximum penalties that cannot be called lifetime bans (whatever jail sentence will take care of a guy's ability to continue playing).

At some point though, a person convicted-tried-penalized-serves time ought to be able to resume living a life a normalcy and being able to find employment. I mean, they aren't going to be homeless and jobless the rest of their lives. There should be the ability for employers to give second chances.

Sure people deserve second chances, but there's plenty of ways to get that second chance that don't involve a team owner (essentially a marketer) putting his customers in the awkward position of having to either choose to root for someone who beats the hell out of women, or turn their back on his product (which he knows 99.9% of them won't.) He's putting this animal out there in front of hundreds or thousands of women every week (either in person or on TV) and inadvertently making the statement that if you're good at football you can pummel females and get rewarded with a vacation and a $13M contract. It's disgusting, and has nothing to do with denying anyone a chance at redemption. It has to do with an owner doing wrong by his fans and their children, who like it or not idolize many of these players.

Hardy deserves the right to work, and even the right to work in the NFL. But heck, I also have a right to work in the NFL, but nobody will hire me, just like nobody should hire him until they can sell to their fans that he is a different person - one that they shouldn't have to feel bad about cheering (not that many feel bad, because FOOTBALL, but still.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I get the whole point of unions, but at some point doesn't the NFLPA have to decide that one guy's actions reflect negatively on the entire union and just either expel him or not stand up for him? They could say that they're doing what's right for the other players, several of whom (two Eagles lineman most recently) have spoken out against hardy. It really does reflect poorly on the players that they in effect stood up for him and got his punishment reduced.

I don't understand what these photos change. This is what domestic violence looks like. Same thing with the Ray Rice video. When I heard he knocked out his fiancee in an elevator and dragged her unconscious body into the hall, I pretty much pictured exactly what happened in that video. The level of outrage shouldn't change just because we have a visual to attach to the story now.

Agree with this 100%. I'm all for being angry at Hardy, and the NFL taking whatever action they feel is necessary, which may include life time ban, but I find it funny that everyone is calling him the anti-christ because they saw the photos. It's like, well yeah what were you expecting them to look like? At the risk of sounding like I'm trying to lessen the severity of this crime, those photos are actually really mild as far as domestic violence goes. I'd hate to see how people would react to more serious stuff. I don't think the photos should change anything.

Eagles fan donations total $32K for Dallas women's shelter.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/941-WIP-raises-over-22K-for-Dallas-womens-shelter.html

Sure people will always default to "they throw snowballs at Santa" but this makes for a pretty strong retort.

Texas A&M sues the Colts over "The 12th Man".

http://today.tamu.edu/2015/11/12/texas-am-university-files-12th-man-trademark-suit-vs-nfls-indianapolis-colts/

And before those, "Seahawks use it too..." replies come, know that the Seahawks pay Texas A&M a licensing fee of $5,000/year to use the term, but their agreement expires in next year. That is why Paul Allen bought up many trademarks regarding the number 12 and why the Pete Carroll and players now refer to the home crowd as, "The Twelves" or "The 12s".

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13295743/seattle-seahawks-win-11th-trademark-related-number-12

"This is not a gambling website." Oh, okay then! Guess that settles that!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

"This is not a gambling website." Oh, okay then! Guess that settles that!

In phone, this Anti thread and the DraftKings/FanDuel thread were next to each other. I hit the wrong one, but it still works with the NFL team's individual investments in both companies.

David Roth ✔ @david_j_roth

"I want anchovies, but it seems effeminate."

/Rex Ryan smashes through the wall. "Man up! Satisfy your 'chove cravings with MANCHOVIES."

:lol: Our board would be better with a Rex Ryan gimmick account.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And ratings have never been higher!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived