NFL Anti-Thread: Sponsored by FanKings

Cosmic

Looks like the Rams game is delayed thanks to pyrotechnics.

The field caught on fire. There's a joke in that, I'm sure.

I sense a name change is in the offing for this thread.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! Their last set killed.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

THE GLORIOUS OAKLAND RAIDERS HAVE PRESERVED THEIR MOMENTOUS WIN BY RECOVERING A FUMBLE ON THEIR PUNT AND THEN GETTING AN INTERCEPTION

PRIDE AND POISE AND PUNTS AND PICKS

LONG MAY THE ETERNAL FLAME BURN IN OUR HEARTS

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Looks like the Rams game is delayed thanks to pyrotechnics.

The field caught on fire. There's a joke in that, I'm sure.

Tried to burn down the stadium for the insurance.

Actually I figured the joke would have involved Gurley slipping on that spot and tearing his ACL.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This is a problem:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton was "ticked off" about being told he wasn't old enough to get a personal foul called after being hit out of bounds in Sunday's 27-22 victory over New Orleans.

Newton, 26, thought a penalty could have been called early in the fourth quarter when he was hit hard near the out-of-bounds marker by defensive tackle Tyeler Davison after throwing an incompletion.

When the two-time Pro Bowler asked referee Ed Hochuli about the call, Newton said he was told, "You're not old enough to get that call."

"I looked at him like: 'Jesus! I didn't think you had to have seniority to get a personal foul or anything like that,'" Newton said.

The media room laughed during his postgame interview, but if a referee is openly telling players he needs more seasoning before personal fouls are called, then Ed Hochuli can get bent. Hochuli could always get bent, by the way.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This is a problem:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton was "ticked off" about being told he wasn't old enough to get a personal foul called after being hit out of bounds in Sunday's 27-22 victory over New Orleans.

Newton, 26, thought a penalty could have been called early in the fourth quarter when he was hit hard near the out-of-bounds marker by defensive tackle Tyeler Davison after throwing an incompletion.

When the two-time Pro Bowler asked referee Ed Hochuli about the call, Newton said he was told, "You're not old enough to get that call."

"I looked at him like: 'Jesus! I didn't think you had to have seniority to get a personal foul or anything like that,'" Newton said.

The media room laughed during his postgame interview, but if a referee is openly telling players he needs more seasoning before personal fouls are called, then Ed Hochuli can get bent. Hochuli could always get bent, by the way.

I wonder what the referees told the 32-year-old Cutler when his helmet-to-helmet wasn't called last week.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is a problem:

I wonder what the referees told the 32-year-old Cutler when his helmet-to-helmet wasn't called last week.

'We don't call penalties for crappy players'

This is a problem:

Well, Cutler probably doesn't recall anything said for a few minutes...

GR30a5H.png

NFL's appeal of Tom Brady ruling will be heard AS EARLY AS week of February 1, 2016

Ha! Who cares?

Roger Goodell must be irate, what a big FU to the NFL and Goodell. You wonder how much more will he be if the Patriots are going for another SB win, just six days after.

I don't care. I honestly just don't care about this whole debacle any more. Whatever the outcome is of this meaningless ruling is, I won't care. Whether Brady is banned from the game for life, or is given a 50 foot statue in front of league offices, I still won't care. The more coverage this gets, the less I care about the outcome.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I know it's been about 17 seasons, but am I the only football fan fatigued by those disclaimers before and after each game?

I'm referring of course to those bumpers where they say "[Network] welcomes you to the following presentation of the National Football League," and "[Network] thanks you for watching this presentation of the National Football League."

It's like, "We get it!"

Maybe it's just me, but are those really necessary? They kinda feel like a waste of the networks' money, graphics and in the case of the copyright bumper in the second half, Earl Mann's golden pipes.

I read somewhere they do that to separate game broadcast from the pregame/postgame as "official" presentations of the league.

I think the NFL has a lot more control over the game broadcasts. For example, there are not sponsored ads (i.e. starting lineup presented by FanDuel), with the exception of halftime show.

Maybe it's just me, but those "Welcome" and "Thank You" bumpers just seem just a teensy bit annoying after so long.

Or it could just be that I miss the days when advertisers would sponsor the lineup graphics and we would sometimes get copyright announcements such as this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn5SqmhYFQo

Behold the glory of the Oakland Raiders:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13735322/are-mark-davis-raiders-leaving-oakland

Until nine months ago, when back surgery prompted a regimen of exercise and healthy eating, he spent Tuesday nights with Oakland fullback Marcel Reece and ex-Raider George Atkinson at Hooters for $12.99 all-you-can-eat-wings night. "They never charge us," Davis says, "but it just feels better to say you're getting all you can eat for $12."

"Mark has a good heart, and he's smarter than people might give him credit for," says a source who requested anonymity to protect business relationships. "But imagine if you were 56 or 57 years old and never had a job. And then you wake up one morning and you're running a billion-dollar company."

After the Raiders' third preseason game, a 30-23 loss to the Cardinals in Oakland, Davis went to dinner with a group that included his mother, Carol, and general manager Reggie McKenzie. With no explanation, Davis ripped the top corners off a piece of paper and handed them to McKenzie.

"This is what I need you to get me," Davis said.

McKenzie, flummoxed, turned the tiny triangles over in his hands.

Seeing nothing, McKenzie gave up. "What is this?" he asked.

"Two corners," Davis said. "I need you to get me two corners."

Branch and Davis found a place off Sunset in Los Angeles, and one day Mark got the idea that the place needed pets. He bought two potbellied pigs, one silver and one black, and jokingly referred to them as his children.

He invited his parents over to meet the pigs. Carol Davis came in and played with them. Al stayed in the car.

A sad-looking guy with his face painted silver and black and wearing a No. 26 jersey, a dreadlock wig and a Raiders hard hat pleaded with Davis through the crowd.

"Mark, just know that we support you. That's why we're here."

And I support you too. Coolest team. What is all this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived