What's the significance...

I hear that LSU is the Tigers because their first dean was a weretiger and saying he was a mascot was the easiest explanation for why a tiger would be at a football game. Weretigers, of course, take the shape of a tiger after kickoff.

Why is Google called Google?

Google it.

Bing says it's a purposely misspelled word 'googol' the largest number.

Yeah, I use Bing, I'm the one.

You know, I only know what googol is because it was part of the question during that episode where a guy cheated on Who Wants To Be a Millionaire.

Go A's!

It always seemed odd to me that the Spurs of that era had such a colorful primary logo, but had some very traditional, plain jerseys. The "fiesta" colors made it to warmups and shooting shirts, but never the jerseys. I like (and still do) the Spurs jerseys, but the contrast between the vibrant, colorful logo and jerseys was interesting.

Compare:

90-91H270Robinson.jpg

622x350.jpg

^Alvin Robertson modeling about the plainest NBA jersey you'll ever see. Almost looks like the regular jerseys were stolen and they had to come up with new ones in a pinch.

23t1cts.jpg

tumblr_lqqbu2IoJm1qay78vo1_1280.jpg

$_12.JPG?set_id=880000500F

To be honest, I really miss the fiesta colors and thought they totally made the Spurs identity. The usage differences between the uniforms and well, basically everything else, made for one of those really neat "quirks" that you come across in sports design. It also allowed for the team to venture into something different while still maintaining thier visual identity - had they ever rolled out Fiesta jerseys or something, they'd have been too much and probably wouldn't have lasted very long. Keeping the uniforms as they were spared the Spurs from having an "*insert unpopular uniform here* era", allowed the currents to become the modern classic they are now, all while still taking a step into a different design territory. It may be an unpopular opinion, but to me, it totally worked and I wish they still did it today.

And plus, that late 90's court always looked flat out awesome.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Spurs fiesta colors was fantastic. It was so unique that a team had this really colorful logo but their uniforms were simple black, silver, and white. It added color to their court and promotional materials without actually affecting their uniforms.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived