7 Potential HS Logos/Nicknames... How Many Are Ripoffs?

Cosmic

A local school is moving away from the nickname-that-must-not-be-named, and they have finalists for the students to vote on later this month. I picked out two stolen logos immediately (they looked too good)... Miami Redhawks and the Arcadia Knights.

http://schoolzone.buffalonews.com/2015/05/12/lancaster-announces-seven-finalists-to-replace-mascot/

Edit: They even have amateur Nike speak!

What's the name that must not be named?

Surely in the US society of free speech one can not be asked to not say it?

The name of the NFL team in Washington DC that has caused many a heated discussion.
The REDSKINS play in Landover, MD, not Washington, DC.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

The name of the NFL team in Washington DC that has caused many a heated discussion.

Thanks mate.

There does seem to be a fair ammount of clubs in the US and Canada that have a Native nickname.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

The Alphas logo looks pretty good. My only issue with it is that it looks like it should be one of those logos where the wacky lines in the middle spell out something, but I'm pretty sure they don't. There's just a bunch of wacky lines.

This site is run by a Canadian; we don't have free speech here. ;)

The Alphas logo looks pretty good. My only issue with it is that it looks like it should be one of those logos where the wacky lines in the middle spell out something, but I'm pretty sure they don't. There's just a bunch of wacky lines.

This site is run by a Canadian; we don't have free speech here. ;)
They should just blow it up and start all over again, but I know they won't.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Also House of Lancaster used Lions as it's symbol so i can see the Pride reference.

Too bad no one at that school probably knows that. IT'd probably be the front runner by a mile.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The supposed adults in Lancaster need to get over it, since the school is one of the LAST in NY state to remove Native American or Racist nickname and iconography. Personally, I like the Alphas.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

The alphas looks like a tribal clipart logo that we could probably find if we looked.. The legends logo is a rip off of Rutgers.. The pride seems similar to Columbia's lion.. The wraparound Dragon may be similar to SUNY Cortland, and the other looks like an image from the Hobbit..

• 3 weeks later...

I feel that Knights is the best of the second batch.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived