My 76ers Concept

SpreadJerm

Long time lurker..I snabbed a template off google..not that good with illustrator so i did this in photoshop. If anyone has a good tutorial id love to learn how to do more concept.

Anyway sixers dropped there 'new' logo..i am let down and not looking forward to the jersey unveiling on june 18th as im sure they will be anticlimatic.

Here is my take on what ive always envisioned for the jerseys.

image.jpg

Pretty cool, the stars around the number work great. I'd go with a more Clarendon-like typeface, however.

Agreed. The font you're using now is pretty incongruous with the rest of the identity package.

And you'll have to account for two-digit numbers. At the size you currently have the 4, a number like 44 wouldn't fit inside the circle.

What are you envisioning for the back of the jerseys and the shorts?

Nice! The new typeface looks much better. I'd move the number and the circle of stars up a little closer to the SIXERS wordmark.

But whatever you did to the SIXERS wordmark and the number on the blue jersey, it makes it look blurry, almost like an optical illusion, and actually kind of hurts my eyes to look at. Just make that straight white and it'll be easier to look at.

image.jpg

sfew.jpg

Nice! The new typeface looks much better. I'd move the number and the circle of stars up a little closer to the SIXERS wordmark.

But whatever you did to the SIXERS wordmark and the number on the blue jersey, it makes it look blurry, almost like an optical illusion, and actually kind of hurts my eyes to look at. Just make that straight white and it'll be easier to look at.

OHH LOL sorry bro, I tired to make it like the stitching I guess, guess it was too thick but thanks for suggesting shorts!

Personally, the only change(s) I would make are make the number and circle bigger on the back and to use same number font from the 7 & 6 in the logo (which you may have done, I just can't tell based on the 44 & 8).. but it looks great.. I've loved this concept from the start, but I like the updates even more! Keep it up

The stars on the jersey is a great idea. I could totally see the Sixers using this kind of jersey in real life, and it matches the style the NBA has been going with lately, like the Warriors and Wizards jerseys. I'd suggest bringing the numbers and circling stars up a bit on the front of the jersey. Right now there is too much of a gap under the letters and above the stars. I'd also consider taking Ben off the shorts and go with their basketball/stars logo, as well as finding the exact font the Sixers actually use.

I think that the stars are a unique idea, but it seems that they kind of separate the numbers from the lettering too far. My suggestion would be to make the stars sublimated, or, in other words, a slightly dark blue than the rest of the uniform (or grey on the white), and make the numbers bigger or closer to the wordmark. Maybe you could do the same thing to the back, too.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

The red jersey is awesome, love that you rep'd the old school look while making it modern.

Not the biggest fan of the blue as the away set, but if you switched it with the red, making the blue the alt, I think you will have made a set that I guarantee will be better than what the uniform killers at Adidas will come up with.

One other thing that I noticed. For the shorts, when you have them turned sideways to show the stars, you do not have the additional stripe around the bottom of the shorts that you do when looking at the shorts from the front.

I don't like the stars on the back, I think that's overkill. Also wondering if a more arched wordmark would look better, right now it kinda clashes with the arch of the stars

+1.

Besides that, these look fantastic. I'd be surprised if the actual uniforms topped these.

Archived