Ross_Shafer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great, other than that many of these remind me of a photo gallery posted in NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/photos/0ap3000000489769

Awesome! There are definitely a couple that overlap but I think our two projects are very different. The goal of mine was to be true to the team's primary logos, theirs is more helmet decal based. \\

Their logos are inspired by each teams logo, but there are big jumps when it comes to the content of some of the logos. For example, their 49ers mashup features Ironman's head. My 49ers mashup stays true to the original primary logo, and just features the two letters overlapping. I have a few jumps when it comes to the content of the original logos as well, but when that happened I made sure to try and stylistically match each logo with their original (ie, line weights, use of color, using pieces of the original logos, etc).

Thanks for posting this! Its neat to see what others did!

Art Director at Lodge Design • Indianapolis, IN

- - - - - - - - - -

www.wechoosetogotothemoondesign.com

Great, other than that many of these remind me of a photo gallery posted in NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/photos/0ap3000000489769

Awesome! There are definitely a couple that overlap but I think our two projects are very different. The goal of mine was to be true to the team's primary logos, theirs is more helmet decal based. \\

Their logos are inspired by each teams logo, but there are big jumps when it comes to the content of some of the logos. For example, their 49ers mashup features Ironman's head. My 49ers mashup stays true to the original primary logo, and just features the two letters overlapping. I have a few jumps when it comes to the content of the original logos as well, but when that happened I made sure to try and stylistically match each logo with their original (ie, line weights, use of color, using pieces of the original logos, etc).

Thanks for posting this! Its neat to see what others did!

Would you consider doing one for DC Comics?

Would you consider doing one for DC Comics?

I definitely would like too. I've been looking at NBA logos as the potential mashup. The problem with the NBA, is that a lot of their primary logos are wordmark heavy and a lot of them (20 if i remember correctly) feature a basketball. For me to do the NBA i might need to open up the project to secondary logos.

DC will be a challenge for me too since I consider myself a Marvelite. haha

- - - - - - - - - -

Thanks so much! Tampa Bay's is definitely one of my favorites. The Buffalo one was one of the last one's I did. It took me forever to come up with something, I'm glad you like it!

Green Bay Groots is a fantastic idea. Super clever!

- - - - - - - - - -

This series is fantastic! Your NFC East picture is a picture of a fish, however. Don't know why, but I'd love to see that division!

Weird, its showing up fine for me! Here it is again.

az7ygy.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

I like how you matched up the teams with the characters by name, logo or other connection/parallel

Good job on that--kind of clever.

And nice job on the combinations in the logos as well.

I enjoy the out of the norm stuff, and this is that.

I'd like to se what you could do with the NHL, NBA, MLB, etc.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I would have thought Washington RedSkulls, yes? no? maybe?

I definitely considered it, but i felt the bucs logo worked better. A big thing with that logo was finding something that replaced the feathers in the original without being too forced. I though the tails of his mask worked well.

- - - - - - - - - -

Nice work on these Ross!

I too designed my own series of NFL Superheroes using both Marvel & DC characters.

You can find them at my instagram page . . . https://instagram.com/baldgraphics/

As you can see we had quite a few characters/teams match-up the same.

Keep designing!

TC

Super cool, thanks for sharing! I love your Indianapolis Colts one, super clever!

- - - - - - - - - -

• 3 weeks later...

I do think you missed an opportunity with Green Bay. The Green Bay Groots with a tree branch G

I'd agree, I get the connection with the X-Men Logo and Green Bay's logo but the Green Bay Groots would be awesome (coming from a big fan of both the Packers and Guardians of the Galaxy).

The rest of these are outstanding! I love the idea with Buffalo's logo, it's genius, and the Houston Hulks is great. The Tennessee logo also looks amazing to me!

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

Archived