2015-2016 Cleveland Cavaliers Uniforms

CLEstones

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Cleveland.com article was a bit off. If you look at the adidas catalog, the primary road jersey is staying the same. The Cavs are getting a second wine jersey that will pair with the standard road shorts. The second wine jersey is a "Stretch" alternate, which looks to be a new category across the league next year.

What's interesting to me is that the Swingman section of the same catalog shows a navy jersey with "Cleveland" and jersey numbers in gold, no trim -- a la the standard road set. That would fit the guidelines for adidas' "Stretch" category, but it wouldn't be paired with the wine shorts. Then again, that might just be a fashion jersey that isn't used on the court.

That Cleveland.com article was a bit off. If you look at the adidas catalog, the primary road jersey is staying the same. The Cavs are getting a second wine jersey that will pair with the standard road shorts. The second wine jersey is a "Stretch" alternate, which looks to be a new category across the league next year.

What's interesting to me is that the Swingman section of the same catalog shows a navy jersey with "Cleveland" and jersey numbers in gold, no trim -- a la the standard road set. That would fit the guidelines for adidas' "Stretch" category, but it wouldn't be paired with the wine shorts. Then again, that might just be a fashion jersey that isn't used on the court.

"Stretch" appears to be the name for Latin Nights-type jerseys. It's the same as the road jersey but with a different wordmark. So maybe Los Cavs? Or they might be expanding this to other initiatives, but in any event, the descriptions say that it would just be the road with a different wordmark of some sort.

As for the blue CLEVELAND jersey, this appears to be a misprint. The item codes for all the new jerseys are in red. The item code for the Cavs blue jersey, however, is in black, suggesting that it will be unchanged and the images in the guide of a gold "Cleveland" wordmark are incorrect.

The four new Cavs jerseys are the Stretch, the Pride (which must be sleeved), the 70s throwback and the Christmas.

Not sure if its a mistake or not but the 2016 Adidas catalog shows the blue alt wordmark as "Cleveland" in yellow just like the road jersey. Not sure if they are changing this or not as right now the blue jersey says Cavs

The catalog lists the Cavaliers Austin Carr-era throwback in the hardwood classic section.

I'm assuming that'll be one of the alts. (I believe it was also the first throwback lebron wore in his career)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Now I'm curious as to what Lebron's number actually is.

EDIT: Apparently according to ESPN, it's 30. However I got 32 in my count. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11798574/the-jerseys-lebron-james

CLEVELAND (first stint)

1. Home White

2. Road Wine

3. Alt Blue

4. Retro Gold

5. Retro Orange

6. Cav Fanatic Blue

7. Retro Gold Feather

8. Cav Fanatic Wine

9. Retro Blue

Miami

1. Home White

2. "Heat" Black

3. "Miami" Black

4. Alt Red

5. Black/Pink

6. White/Pink

7. "King James"

8. White Hot

9. Black Out

10. Red Zone

11. El Heat

12. El Heat Sleeved

13. Retro Black

14. Retro White

15. Retro Red

16. Christmas BIG Color

17. Christmas Big Logo

18. Champions jersey 2012

19. Champions jersey 2013

Cleveland (Current)

1. Home White

2. Road Wine

3. Alt Gold

4. Alt Blue

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Now I'm curious as to what Lebron's number actually is.

EDIT: Apparently according to ESPN, it's 30. However I got 32 in my count. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11798574/the-jerseys-lebron-james

CLEVELAND (first stint)

1. Home White

2. Road Wine

3. Alt Blue

4. Retro Gold

5. Retro Orange

6. Cav Fanatic Blue

7. Retro Gold Feather

8. Cav Fanatic Wine

9. Retro Blue

Miami

1. Home White

2. "Heat" Black

3. "Miami" Black

4. Alt Red

5. Black/Pink

6. White/Pink

7. "King James"

8. White Hot

9. Black Out

10. Red Zone

11. El Heat

12. El Heat Sleeved

13. Retro Black

14. Retro White

15. Retro Red

16. Christmas BIG Color

17. Christmas Big Logo

18. Champions jersey 2012

19. Champions jersey 2013

Cleveland (Current)

1. Home White

2. Road Wine

3. Alt Gold

4. Alt Blue

Don't forget this past year's Xmas jersey.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

If it makes the Cavaliers and the NBA money, Cleveland will be wearing a different jersey for all 82 games next season.

Call me old-fashioned, but the game in Boston where the Celtics were forced to wear their green jerseys because the Cavs wanted to wear whatever they wanted to wear was the tipping point for me.

The constant pandering to LeBron is getting as bad as it was during the 1990's with Michael Jordan.

If it makes the Cavaliers and the NBA money, Cleveland will be wearing a different jersey for all 82 games next season.

Call me old-fashioned, but the game in Boston where the Celtics were forced to wear their green jerseys because the Cavs wanted to wear whatever they wanted to wear was the tipping point for me.

The constant pandering to LeBron is getting as bad as it was during the 1990's with Michael Jordan.

Is this real? I never heard about that. That's absolutely ridiculous if true.

And it's one thing to do that to the Charlotte Hornets or something, but the Boston Celtics? The 17 time NBA Champion Boston Celtics? What an insult.

90758391980.gif

And it's one thing to do that to the Charlotte Hornets or something, but the Boston Celtics? The 17 time NBA Champion Boston Celtics? What an insult.

I may be mistaken on where the game was played. I think it was the early March game where Cleveland was playing in their blue road jerseys and asked Boston to bring their home whites on the road trip. The Celtics did not, so we were treated to blue vs green, an eyesore of a jersey match-up. I'm just sick of Cleveland and LeBron doing whatever the hell they want and equally sick of LeBron crying to officials over every call or non-call that goes against him.

The home team picks the uniforms, so they were in the right. Now if they waited until the last minute then they (Cleveland) were in the wrong, but if it were put out prior to Boston packing for the road it's on the Celtics. The truly hard to follow games are when Phoenix traveled to LA, prior to their latest rebrand, in orange uniforms. It can get confusing pretty quick.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

They're one of 30 NBA franchises just like everybody else, no matter how many titles they won before half the people on this board were born. Teams are asked to wear white on the road all the time so the home team can wear an alt. It's not a travesty.

They're one of 30 NBA franchises just like everybody else, no matter how many titles they won before half the people on this board were born. Teams are asked to wear white on the road all the time so the home team can wear an alt. It's not a travesty.

Read what he said. Originally the dude said the Celtics were forced to wear green at home just because of dopey LeBron. That's what I was referring to. And yes, that would be a travesty.

90758391980.gif

Read what he said. Originally the dude said the Celtics were forced to wear green at home just because of dopey LeBron. That's what I was referring to. And yes, that would be a travesty.

I'm not familiar with this game. However, I think the NBA is missing a huge opportunity by forcing teams to wear white. I think the NBA could really benfit from having and promoting color on color games. Even if a team like Boston or Sacramento wanted to wear white as one of their two colors, I think it would add a phenominal upgrade.

Archived