Ready For Takeoff: 2015 Houston Rockets *UPDATE 5/17*

BlackBolt3

HouRocketsHeader2015_1.png

I've had something special sitting on my computer for a while, and I'm glad to share this with y'all:

HouRocketsPre2015_1.png

Blending retro elements with today's design, my concept modernizes the Rockets logo of its past champions. The alternate logos emphasize the team's nickname, with a "Lone Star" mark, highlighting the state of Texas, and the other showing the abstract rocket orbiting in a basketball seam pattern. The wordmark is a italicized version of Big Noodle Titling.

Any C&C is appreciated.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Definetively an upgade, I think it's common sense the rockets should go back to this color scheme, so it's a great choise of course, and altought I liked it overall, i' will be waiting for more images aplication-wise to give it a better impression. Other then that, good job

Definitely should not be using BigNoodleTitling. It's a great font, don't get me wrong, but it's the exact font the Cavaliers use. I'd go towards something like Algre Sans or Franchise to avoid that problem. Really like the logo, though. It's a great modern interpretaion of the 90s logo.

spacer.png

WOW! This is one of the better Rockets concepts I've ever seen, but something looks off on the HOUSTON wording on the primary, like the curve on the red and the curve of the wording clash. Try moving the HOUSTON wording more towards the end of the red notch. Overall, though, you have a great concept that would actually look good even in their present red and grey color scheme.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

The color scheme is great, and I like when they wear the red and yellow alternates. The should go back to this color scheme. The star alternate is clever, but maybe you should'nt have made the white tail on the bottom to make a true star. The alternates are good, but I don't really like the primary. Maybe you should use the star logo as the primary. Otherwise, nice job.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I really like this, it's an excellent concept. On the secondary logo where the ship is orbiting the ball...is it possible to increase the orbit effect, with the line curving around the ball? The dot-circle in the star is also a little odd...what are you trying to represent there? If it's a cockpit, maybe make it more oval?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The font! It never even crossed my mind that it looked like the Cavs. Honest mistake. New font now, Plakative Grotesk Medium, making the Houston in the logo less awkward, with some slight adjustments to the alternate logos:

HouRocketsPre2015.png

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived