Sign in to follow this  
BlackBolt3

Ready For Takeoff: 2015 Houston Rockets *UPDATE 5/17*

HouRocketsHeader2015_1.png

I've had something special sitting on my computer for a while, and I'm glad to share this with y'all:

HouRocketsPre2015_1.png

Blending retro elements with today's design, my concept modernizes the Rockets logo of its past champions. The alternate logos emphasize the team's nickname, with a "Lone Star" mark, highlighting the state of Texas, and the other showing the abstract rocket orbiting in a basketball seam pattern. The wordmark is a italicized version of Big Noodle Titling.

Any C&C is appreciated.

Definetively an upgade, I think it's common sense the rockets should go back to this color scheme, so it's a great choise of course, and altought I liked it overall, i' will be waiting for more images aplication-wise to give it a better impression. Other then that, good job

Definitely should not be using BigNoodleTitling. It's a great font, don't get me wrong, but it's the exact font the Cavaliers use. I'd go towards something like Algre Sans or Franchise to avoid that problem. Really like the logo, though. It's a great modern interpretaion of the 90s logo.

WOW! This is one of the better Rockets concepts I've ever seen, but something looks off on the HOUSTON wording on the primary, like the curve on the red and the curve of the wording clash. Try moving the HOUSTON wording more towards the end of the red notch. Overall, though, you have a great concept that would actually look good even in their present red and grey color scheme.

I don't know why but your primary logo instantly reminded me of Harden's hair. As if the top was a mohawk or something. :)

facial-hair-styles-for-black-men-beard--

Good start though. I really like the alternate Texas star logo.

The color scheme is great, and I like when they wear the red and yellow alternates. The should go back to this color scheme. The star alternate is clever, but maybe you should'nt have made the white tail on the bottom to make a true star. The alternates are good, but I don't really like the primary. Maybe you should use the star logo as the primary. Otherwise, nice job.

I can't unsee this:
10344-2.jpg?1347893098

I really like this, it's an excellent concept. On the secondary logo where the ship is orbiting the ball...is it possible to increase the orbit effect, with the line curving around the ball? The dot-circle in the star is also a little odd...what are you trying to represent there? If it's a cockpit, maybe make it more oval?

Looks really nice!

Great concept.

Also, speaking of the Rockets, good job putting the bookend on that choke job for the Clippers.

The font! It never even crossed my mind that it looked like the Cavs. Honest mistake. New font now, Plakative Grotesk Medium, making the Houston in the logo less awkward, with some slight adjustments to the alternate logos:

HouRocketsPre2015.png

It looks MUCH better than their current logo