Arena / Stadium Logos from the 70's

I'm not sure it's a major logo discovery...but it's neat.

I just like how the the logo is an r and a (lower case), with the dot creating the distinguing part of the a.

In my theory the dot also represents the general location of Reunion Arena in relation to the highways, just like how the dot in the Superdome logo represents the general location of the Superdome in relation to the river.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Man, the Superdome looks great as a baseball facility. Sad that there NEVER was an MLB team there...... or Vancouver, BC going off tangent here.

No. Go over to Baseball Fever and they have some pictures from MLB games from the upper deck down the lines. You could not see big, big chunks of the field.

Kingdome logo reminds me of the classic EPCOT Center logos. Particularly Communicore.

I love those logos! Very 70's looking even though they debuted in the 80's. Reason for this is because they were designed in the 70's as it took probably the entire decade of the 70's if not longer to plan, develop, and design Epcot. Here are the logos in color and black and white:

fba49b03c961dc94445ef0e0c55737aa.jpg

4f9ec36e9f131e7f5b861a366a79f4b4.jpg

Man, I miss old Epcot Center.

^ Man, the Superdome looks great as a baseball facility. Sad that there NEVER was an MLB team there...... or Vancouver, BC going off tangent here.

No. Go over to Baseball Fever and they have some pictures from MLB games from the upper deck down the lines. You could not see big, big chunks of the field.
Yeah....the Superdome is pretty terrible for baseball.

gYH2mW9.png

Reunion Arena, Dallas (broke ground in 1978, opened in 1980):

5643v.jpg

Oh my God... that looks so freakin' eerily similar to the original Superdome logo! The two curved lines combined with a circle off to the side... I wouldn't be surprised if the same designer designed both logos!

05fc6328b5cf8e8214a38e2b099311d2.jpg

Now, since both logos are so similar, and since the Superdome logo is a bird's eye view of downtown New Orleans with the L and S doubling as the Mississippi River and the circle acting as the Superdome in the general location of where it is in relation to the river, I thought WHAT IF this Reunion Arena had some kind of secret meaning behind it too?

So I immediately went to Wikipedia, got the address of Reunion Arena, copy and pasted into Google and hit enter. Google Maps came up, showing the location where the arena used to be (it was demolished about five years ago). Now, I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't a river nearby that the blue lines in the logo could be representing, but I *DID* notice that the shape of the nearby highways is ridiculously similar to the shape of the blue lines in the logo. You have to rotate the map around a bit to get the same angle, but you can't deny you get a very similar effect of the river / L.S. in the Superdome logo. Check it out:

5643v.jpg

Map not rotated with red dot representing location of Reunion Arena:

d94518e848a940e413939154f3a2ab8d.png

5643v.jpg

Map rotated to match angle of Reunion Arena logo:

ab1b06a1d9319070c87bcd89c94b7b60.png

5643v.jpg

Do we have ANOTHER major logo discovery on our hands??????????

The old O-Rena, since demolished, was based on the Reunion Arena and Houston Summit blueprints. No wonder it was obsolete already when it opened!

spacer.png

Archived