2015/16 International Football

Crabcake

Hey guys, I am starting what will hopefully turn into a mega-thread about 2015 soccer transfers. I have noticed that plenty of members on the boards are not from the US and/or have soccer teams in their sigs, and I like soccer too, so i decided to create this thread.

I'll start with the BPL and Liverpool, since they are the team I know the best. I really think we should go after Jurgen Klopp in the summer. Not that Rodgers is a bad manaager or anything - he's actually quite good. But frankly, Klopp is better. And I really have to question the idea to go with a back 3 against one of the Premier league's best wingers (Bolasie) and one of its most underrated (Puncheon).

Also hearing that Illarramendi could be joining, and Rodgers is prepping a bid for Stefan Jovetic. We've also been linked to Andre Ayew, Alexandre Lacazette, Mateo Kovacic, and apparently Arturo Vidal (?).

So, go wild! Post any transfer rumors/done deals you hear about.

spacer.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say Lloris out to United if De Gea goes but rumour is he is staying one more year. That is until Levy gets an offer he can't refuse.

glory10.png

Are we really going to have an entire thread dedicated to rumours?

Not just that, the OP wants a "mega-thread". Asking a bit much if you ask me.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Okay, maybe a "mega-thread" was a bit of a stretch. But I just wanted to create something where soccer fans can come and discuss rumors, because I think that transfer rumors are one of the most exciting parts of soccer (sorry, I'm from America ;))

spacer.png

Frankly, I hate silly season. Too much anxiousness about losing players, sifting through rumours 90% of which are bull :censored:, hypothetical football being more important than actual football, fans of big teams feeling entitled to players. Really can't understand its appeal.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Frankly, I hate silly season. Too much anxiousness about losing players, sifting through rumours 90% of which are bull :censored:, hypothetical football being more important than actual football, fans of big teams feeling entitled to players. Really can't understand its appeal.

That's fine, and I knew that's how some people would feel. But for the people who DO like transfer season, this is the place for them.

As for more Liverpool rumors, heard today that they were in the midst of a race with Man U and other clubs for Dani Carvajal, who now is not needed at Real Madrid with them bringing in Danilo from FC Porto. Also heard from an SB Nation page about Liverpool that they are PSG's biggest competitors for Alexandre Lacazette.

spacer.png

Bump for a possible done deal (although it's Metro we're talking about here, so who knows). It seems Spurs have agreed to a deal for winger Yevhen Konoplyanka. According to the article, an announcement is coming soon.

Full story here: http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/20/tottenham-agree-transfer-deal-for-liverpool-target-yevhen-konoplyanka-5206245/

spacer.png

Bump for some manager news.

I'm assuming it's common news at this point that Ancelotti was sacked, but maybe not so common news that Liverpool have approached him. Also hearing that Jurgen Klopp backtracked from his previous statement that he'd take a 6 month sabbatical and would accept the Liverpool job if it were offered to him.

I'm generally a Brendan rodgers apologist, but if the choices are between Rodgers and Ancelotti or Klopp, I'll take option B any day.

spacer.png

Something tells me that Sunderland will be the top of the list for relegation next year.

Yeah, I agree with that. Unless they do something in the transfer market manager-wise and player-wise, I'll put Newcastle up there too.

spacer.png

Liverpool are closing in on Nathaniel Clyne. I have heard we will have to cough up £15 million to get him. When you consider that Dejan Lovren cost £20 million (shudder), that's actually a good deal.

Liverpool have also made a second bid for Mateo Kovacic of Inter.

spacer.png

Clyne? Man, he was great this year. I was coming to post how Southampton has a base for the future and needs to get some help for Pelle up top, maybe a Charlie Austin or something.

I know, I feel like Southampton isn't really trying hard enough to keep him, I personally feel he would be better than all three of the Southampton signings we made last year. Clyne is a great young talent and if they wait about two more years they'll probably sell him to a big 4 team for about £35

spacer.png

Bump for huge European transfer news - Pirlo is going to MLS.

Sources say he has agreed to a deal with NYCFC and that the UCL final will be his last game for Juventus.

If there's any MLS team in need of a creative playmaker, it's NYCFC.

spacer.png

Archived