2015/16 International Football

Crabcake

I expect the US to lose on Tuesday, but I don't think we'll be blown out like Mexico was. Not to say we won't lose by 2-3 goals because that's totally plausible, but I just feel like the US has more fight in them, than Mexico does.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I expect the US to lose on Tuesday, but I don't think we'll be blown out like Mexico was. Not to say we won't lose by 2-3 goals because that's totally plausible, but I just feel like the US has more fight in them, than Mexico does.

Agreed. I'm thinking 3-1 or 4-1 to Argentina

spacer.png

Oh yeah, I'm expecting at least a 3-1 Argentina win, with anything else being just gravy.

This wouldn't be a Gold Cup style flameout losing to Jamaica then Panama for 4th. The goal was to get to the Semis in a tournament with plenty of legit teams. Goal achieved. Now, no matter what the U.S will play two more games with almost no result being a bad one. Worst off, they lose the next two and finish fourth behind 1st, 3rd, 5th ranked teams in the world. That's perfectly okay, especially considering the Copa doesn't have any real ramifications outside of that.

Do we want to win on Tuesday? Hell yeah, of course we should. Knock off Argentina on a world stage? That'd be a landmark result for US Soccer. But if we don't win? It'll be status quo for Argentina, but still a big deal for the USA to finish where we finish.

Really, as long as we don't get Mexico'd, we should be happy with our finish. Something to build on.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

1 hour ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Oh yeah, I'm expecting at least a 3-1 Argentina win, with anything else being just gravy.

This wouldn't be a Gold Cup style flameout losing to Jamaica then Panama for 4th. The goal was to get to the Semis in a tournament with plenty of legit teams. Goal achieved. Now, no matter what the U.S will play two more games with almost no result being a bad one. Worst off, they lose the next two and finish fourth behind 1st, 3rd, 5th ranked teams in the world. That's perfectly okay, especially considering the Copa doesn't have any real ramifications outside of that.

Do we want to win on Tuesday? Hell yeah, of course we should. Knock off Argentina on a world stage? That'd be a landmark result for US Soccer. But if we don't win? It'll be status quo for Argentina, but still a big deal for the USA to finish where we finish.

Really, as long as we don't get Mexico'd, we should be happy with our finish. Something to build on.

Exactly. And, tbh, even if we do get Mexico'd, we'll at least have some more excuses (as @BlackBolt3 pointed out). 

spacer.png

7 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

2. While Chile has some good players, they don't have a Messi. There would probably be a little bit more honor in getting smacked by someone who is considered by many to be the best in the world.

Chile are the defending Copa America champions who defeated Messi's Argentina team in the final. 

It's not like they are vastly inferior to Argentina. 

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

13 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

US making Argentina wear navy, good way to throw them off their game before kickoff.

4 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

DEAR GOD ITS ONLY MADE THEM STRONGER

While they were attacking (and subsequently) scoring, I had to look it up.

Since 1990, their record wearing all navy in major tournaments is:

9 wins

4 losses 

1 draw

http://www.mundoalbiceleste.com/2016/06/20/argentinas-alternate-shirt-record-at-tournaments/

Check out Michael Bradley with the sweet giveaway!

My hope is for a not 7-0 loss. Like 4-1 or something. That ain't gonna happen. I don't believe in Wondo.

I also don't believe in big-ass Coca-Cola banners on Univision. WTF?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Wondo with the sweet giveaway, foul and yellow card on Messi that leads to an dope free kick goal.

Fer chrissakes.

EDIT: I mean, obviously, Argentina are amazing. No doubt. But the US doesn't need to play this chump lineup when there are better or at least more innately talented options sitting on the bench. Prediction: this isn't the first time Wondolowski hurts the US this game.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

When does Wondo qualify for human wasteland status?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If Wondo and Bradley never suited up again for the USMNT, would anyone miss them? This squad doesn't need a complete overhaul by any means, but there are some significant changes needing to be made, starting with those two.

This is obviously disappointing, but did we honestly expect anything else? Argentina is number one in the world. We never really honestly had a chance. 

Some of Klinsmann's selections were baffling (see: Wondolowski, Chris), but this loss is in no way his fault. He's done a great job getting us here, and he should be applauded for that. 

40 minutes ago, kroywen said:

If Wondo and Bradley never suited up again for the USMNT, would anyone miss them? This squad doesn't need a complete overhaul by any means, but there are some significant changes needing to be made, starting with those two.

Wondo? No. At this point, it feels like he's in the squad for sentiment/trying to have him make up for missing that sitter in the WC, which is exactly what Klinsmann preached he wouldn't do when he left Donovan off the WC roster a few years ago. 

Bradley may be a little more interesting. I don't think there'd be a big difference on the pitch, as Jones and Nagbe could form a potentially tasty central midfield partnership, but there'd be a lot of hubbub off the pitch. Bradley is the captain and has been an established part of this team for a while, so there'd be some controversy around his departure. But I think it's a move Klinsmann should make in the near future. Bradley/Dempsey and the 2018 WC could be a repeat of Donovan and the 2014 WC. 

spacer.png

Archived