2015/16 International Football

Crabcake

I'm shocked there aren't more people into Beach Soccer. That's a fun little game there. They had the quarterfinals of the World Cup today and I find it fun to watch.

There are some good players out there on those beach teams.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, USA gets Cuba Saturday. Didn't think the Cubans had a prayer of winning a game. Mexico vs TNT looked like a great game with it being 4-4.

The quarters are set:

USA vs Cuba

Haiti vs Jamaica

TNT vs Panama

Mexico vs Costa Rica.

The games look even except for US vs Cuba, who they should kill.

I will be at the US-Cuba game. It will also be my 13-year-old son's first international game. I would be fine with a laugher.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I went to see Manchester United vs. Club America last night as part of the International Champions Cup exhibition tournament put on by Guinness. It was an exhibition game -- so not very good -- but it did feature the Manchester United debut of Bastian Schweinsteiger, which was pretty cool.

If you're thinking about seeing one of the ICC games, I'd recommend that maybe you don't. The quality of play isn't very good. Players are mostly passing the ball back and forth and trying to avoid injury (as they should), and the game wasn't really competitive until wholesale subs came on in the second half. I understand the importance of giving the fans a chance to see guys like Wayne Rooney, but he didn't really do much and, honestly, he shouldn't.

That said, good lord there were a lot of Man U fans. Also notable was that they played in their Nike kits. Doubly notable was the merchandise stand was selling the now-old Nike kits at full price, which was kind of a dick move. Also, inside the stadium you could only buy Man U merchandise. I picked up a Club America scarf outside the stadium for $20.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm boycotting the ICC. Last year, I planned a trip to New York to see Milan-Olimpiacos at Citi, and then the game got moved to right :censored:ing here in Toronto. That was a dick move. Milan lost that game 3-0, I believe, so I guess I didn't really miss much, but still.

I'm boycotting the ICC. Last year, I planned a trip to New York to see Milan-Olimpiacos at Citi, and then the game got moved to right :censored:ing here in Toronto. That was a dick move. Milan lost that game 3-0, I believe, so I guess I didn't really miss much, but still.

I remember one of the organizers last year saying Citi and the Mets had last minute reservations about the games being played there. Regardless, they should have kept the games there.I was expecting United to be playing in Cleveland until Van Gaal said he wanted a limited tourthis year. It is overpriced for an exhibition though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Where is everyone in Baltimore? It's half empty!

Hey, I was there!

It was really hot and humid and -- more importantly -- with Cuba playing, there were no road fans for the early game. The crowd was still around 39,000, but there were very few visiting fans and/or Game 2 fans there for the opener.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Hey, I was there!

It was really hot and humid and -- more importantly -- with Cuba playing, there were no road fans for the early game. The crowd was still around 39,000, but there were very few visiting fans and/or Game 2 fans there for the opener.

Yeah - I read later that not having a Central American team in the second game depressed attendance. That makes sense.

Did you have a good time?

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Hey, I was there!

Yeah - I read later that not having a Central American team in the second game depressed attendance. That makes sense.

Did you have a good time?

I did have a good time, but it would have been even better if it hadn't been such a blowout. Once it was clear that it was going to be a rout, it took a lot of the energy out of the game and the crowd. I have been to World Cup matches at RFK in 1994 and several US World Cup qualifiers, so I have seen matches at full intensity. This just wasn't there.

That said, it was my 13 year old son's first US match and he really had a good time. The World Cup last year and this year's Women's World Cup appear to have hooked him.

That's great. I missed my chance to see USMNT in Seattle a couple years back and am hoping to travel to see a Copa America game next year.

I did enjoy the "I believe that we will win" chants when the US was up 3-0.

Yeah, the "I believe" part could have been changed to "I'm almost positive" at that point.

That's great. I missed my chance to see USMNT in Seattle a couple years back

You did miss out; the atmosphere there was incredible.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Word is that Arsenal has accepted a £2.8M offer from Galatasaray for Flamini. If so, nice flip, considering that they got him on a free transfer.

Additionally, they've reportedly made a £40M bid for Benzema, this being after a £31M was rejected by Madrid. I really hope this one goes through. Bonus; the #9 shirt is available;)

Archived