2015/16 International Football

Crabcake

I blame... :censored: I don't know what to blame.

That first half was garbage, especially defensively. Struggled to finish offensively. Midfield touches were all over the place. Bradley played bipolar. Refereeing wasn't exactly firm.

This was a bad loss. Flat out. Winning the Confederation Cup playoff game will alleviate it some, but this game hurts.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know who to blame...the goalie. Guzan.

So-so effort on the first goal, then that illegal handball and awful positioning on the free kick for the second goal. Why the hell was he on the weak-side half of the net on a free kick just outside the box? Defensive wall didn't help matters, but the goalie positioning was just awful there.

Howard can't come back soon enough. I used to debate whether having a strong goalie was really that much of an advantage in top-flight soccer. Between his 18-save effort vs. Belguim and tonight's flop by Guzan, I may have to ease my stance on goalies not being that pivotal.

There's absolutely no reason Benny Feilhaber isn't in the USMNT camp, let alone the starting XI.

I think I'm done with Klinsmann. He was supposed to come in an reinvent the American style of play... But those last 15 minutes, we reverted right back to punting the ball up the field and hoping to win 50/50 balls. Hell, John Brooks was playing striker. His squad selections are questionable at best, and his fascinations with certain players (cough, Timmy Chandler) are maddening.

So... who gets the blame for this little fiasco?

You would think that with our best guys, Jamaica would be an easy, yet challenging, victory en route to that Confederations Cup bid. But, our boys stumbled and now a playoff looms next year.

There's absolutely no reason Benny Feilhaber isn't in the USMNT camp, let alone the starting XI.

I think I'm done with Klinsmann. He was supposed to come in an reinvent the American style of play... But those last 15 minutes, we reverted right back to punting the ball up the field and hoping to win 50/50 balls. Hell, John Brooks was playing striker. His squad selections are questionable at best, and his fascinations with certain players (cough, Timmy Chandler) are maddening.

I think Klinsmann is great, but he falls in love too easily. Last year it was Green. This year it was Chandler and Zardes (and probably Johannson too). I think he puts his team at a disadvantage by playing the guys he wants to be good instead of the guys who are really good.

I'm not a fan of Wondo, but he would have been perfect for the second half. The guys sniffs out ugly goals, and that's what the US was going for. Zardes is constantly just out of position, or just passing off-mark, and Johannson fades away.

The real prize is the Confederations Cup and the US still has a shot. Plus there's next summer's Copa America. But it's rough to go from being the Netherlands and Germany to a bad loss against Jamaica with every advantage.

Also, I've seen enough of Brad Guzan for my life.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Have we decided that Guzan's an awful keeper? Because that's a ridiculous statement, even when you consider the usual post-loss hyperbolic panic.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Have we decided that Guzan's an awful keeper? Because that's a ridiculous statement, even when you consider the usual post-loss hyperbolic panic.

You're welcome to offer your own opinion rather than criticizing others'.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

yuuuuuuupppppp

Also LMAO at people who’ve watched Brad Guzan fewer than five times having the comprehensive end-all, be-all opinion on him.

6fQjS3M.png

If you'd like to say why a particular player or team or coach is in fact good and not bad, that's a more productive way to communicate than smugly pointing out the failings in another person's opinion. The former leads to conversation and perhaps some education, while the latter is a conversation killer.

Brad Guzan is a fine keeper, but Tim Howard is a better keeper. Additionally, Guzan was pretty bad today.

But hell, we won the 2013 Gold Cup with today's back-up, Nick Rimando, in net. It can be done.

But again, the whole team was bad today. That first half was a fiasco. And I think this was another loss that started with Klinsmann's roster decisions. It's up to the guys on the field to perform, and they certainly didn't today. However, the roster choices didn't help.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived