Jump to content

2015/16 International Football


Crabcake
 Share

Recommended Posts

PSG just clinched their fourth consecutive Ligue 1 title. On March 13.

 

Ligue 1 is so terribly uninteresting right now. Sure, PSG might be helping Ligue 1's UEFA coefficient and their reputation in Europe, but the league is so predictable and lopsided that it's nearly unwatchable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kroywen said:

PSG just clinched their fourth consecutive Ligue 1 title. On March 13.

 

Ligue 1 is so terribly uninteresting right now. Sure, PSG might be helping Ligue 1's UEFA coefficient and their reputation in Europe, but the league is so predictable and lopsided that it's nearly unwatchable.

 

As Laurent Blanc (PSG manager) said, it is the fault of the other clubs in Ligue 1. I guess you could argue that PSG have a substantial advantage with the money that they have but for the other teams to be so far behind them in both points and overall quality is inexcusable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ligue 1 is an example of why some people might want a european super league, due to PSG being quite better than the rest of ligue 1. I think if it weren't for PSG, the league would be way more exciting and intense because it way be a more even field. Sure teams like Monaco and Lyon would be consistently at the top of the league, but at least there would be some competition for 1st. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, marble21 said:

 

As Laurent Blanc (PSG manager) said, it is the fault of the other clubs in Ligue 1. I guess you could argue that PSG have a substantial advantage with the money that they have but for the other teams to be so far behind them in both points and overall quality is inexcusable.

Wasn't really hard to predict that this would happen, when the ligue 1 had never really had teams competing for the Champions League (except for those doped OM teams). Hard to get competition when no other team has objectives anywhere close to yours

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Another win for the Foxes today. Five points clear with eight matches left. These crazy underdogs may just pull this off after all.

I SO want to see Leicester pull this off. The Premier League big boys have had their moments in the spotlight, it's time for the little guy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heck to the yeah. A 1-1 draw at Old Trafford via a beauty from Coutinho in the 45' sees Liverpool through to the QFs of the Europa League. 3-1 the aggregate final. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

Heck to the yeah. A 1-1 draw at Old Trafford via a beauty from Coutinho in the 45' sees Liverpool through to the QFs of the Europa League. 3-1 the aggregate final. 

Spanish clubs in CL now: 3

Spanish clubs in EL now: 3

English clubs in CL now: 1

English clubs in EL now: 1

Well, when the people say that Premier League is the best in the world they must think about La Liga is not only about Madrid and Barça. And every year is the same history.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wences said:

Spanish clubs in CL now: 3

Spanish clubs in EL now: 3

English clubs in CL now: 1

English clubs in EL now: 1

Well, when the people say that Premier League is the best in the world they must think about La Liga is not only about Madrid and Barça. And every year is the same history.

Totally agree. The Premier League is very arrogant about being the best league in the world, but especially with English clubs' failures in the CL and EL, I think you have to look at La Liga as the best in the world right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Initial thoughts:

Can't wait to hear YNWA sung by both sets of fans

Klopp is going to be motivated but will receive one heck of a standing ovation at Dortmund

And finally, I'll be shocked if Dortmund don't hang 4 on us in the aggregate score line. 

 

Official prediction: 4-1 Dortmund on aggregate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.