2015/16 International Football

Crabcake

Happy St. Totteringham's Day, everyone! A little late this year, I know, but still cause for celebration. Unless you're Spurs - or Aston Villa, against whom Olivier Giroud now has a hat trick.

Meanwhile the game at Old Trafford has been called off due to a suspicious device found there. No word yet on when it will be rescheduled.

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hope they would at least reschedule the match so that everyone plays 38 games... but with Man City all but assured of a tie with Swansea, it might not be needed since Manchester United would need a win (and luck) to take that berth.

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Happy St. Totteringham's Day, everyone! A little late this year, I know, but still cause for celebration. Unless you're Spurs - or Aston Villa, against whom Olivier Giroud now has a hat trick.

I was in attendance for that game this afternoon in London. Best stadium atmosphere I've ever seen. Especially when news started going around of the Spurs score and with the Villa fans just below us taking the piss out of their own club. :D

1 hour ago, Nyk33 said:

Did the Spurs players eat lasagna again? 

How in the :censored: do you let a 10 man Newcastle team score three goals on you? 

Considering there was nothing to play for, I can only assume that Tottenham just decided to not give a :censored: today.

59 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Considering there was nothing to play for, I can only assume that Tottenham just decided to not give a :censored: today.

There was the little thing about finishing above your arch-rivals for the first time in 21 years but that's not really important or anything. 

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

On 5/15/2016 at 3:44 PM, officeglenn said:

I was in attendance for that game this afternoon in London. Best stadium atmosphere I've ever seen. Especially when news started going around of the Spurs score and with the Villa fans just below us taking the piss out of their own club. :D

If we were gonna go down — and that should be more a “when” not an “if” — I’m glad it happened this way. A complete, unmitigated disaster that’s at least allowed us the opportunity to have some fun on the path to the third worst Premier League season ever. :P

6fQjS3M.png

Mesut Özil was top on given assists now in Bundesliga, La Liga, Premier League, Champions League, Europa League, UEFA Euro and FIFA World Cup.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

image.jpeg

Was it in the box? ✅

Did his hand touch the ball? ✅

Did he deliberately try to stop the ball with his hand? ✅

Is the hand in an unnatural position? ✅

Was it a penalty? ✅

Was a penalty called? ❌

image.jpeg

spacer.png

First the Caps. Now this crap. 

I'm never going to catch a break, am I? I guess I just seem to have a penchance for supporting cursed teams when it comes to big moments. 

I don't think Jonas Eriksson will be making any trips to Liverpool any time soon. 

spacer.png

I'm fairly certain that before the game all the refs got together and said that under no circumstances would they call a handball in the match, no questions asked. 

Look, I know blaming the refs for a loss makes me look like a huge, huge sore loser. I'll concede that Sevilla were by far the better team in the second half, but they were because they got an early goal that allowed them to equalize. That Gameiro goal would've done nothing for them had it been 3-1 at that point, not 1-1. 

Liverpool didn't play their best game tonight, but the refs are at least partially responsible for what happened tonight. 

spacer.png

Archived