2015/16 International Football

Crabcake

Daily Mail (yes, yes, I know) reporting Petr Cech's transfer to Arsenal has gone through for £11M.

As an Arsenal fan, I'm of two minds about this. Cech is probably an upgrade on either Szczesny or Ospina, and if he can earn us an extra 12-15 points a season, as John Terry estimates he could, then I'm all for it. But then again, I really like how Ospina performed after winning the No.1 spot, and was excited to see what he could do for a full year. But he'll probably be the one to leave. And Szczesny has played brilliantly at times, but he has also had some massive brain farts.

The real question is, if Ospina leaves, will Szczesny or Cech get to wear the No. 1 jersey?

Szczęsny already wears the #1 shirt, so I assume that will remain. It'd be a bit weird to have the backup keeper wearing #1, but whatever.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like Riberto Firmino is about to become a Red. No, not a Red Devil, but a Red. The fee looks to be "in the region of 25 million, according to Globoesporte, the Brazilian newspaper that broke the story.

Edit: the fee looks to be about £29 million (not sure what that translates to in Euros)

spacer.png

It looks like Riberto Firmino is about to become a Red. No, not a Red Devil, but a Red. The fee looks to be "in the region of 25 million, according to Globoesporte, the Brazilian newspaper that broke the story.

Edit: the fee looks to be about £29 million (not sure what that translates to in Euros)

who's the reds?

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

who's the reds?

Liverpool.

who's the reds?

Liverpool.

And the Red Devils are Man U. So we actually managed to steal someone from under their noses (I mean, it's Roberto Firmino, but still, we beat Man U to someone).

spacer.png

WHOA I signed Firmino to Liverpool on my Fifa 15 career mode game long before this was talked about. Good signing and should go well for them. No surprise Hoffenheim couldn't hold on to such a player. On Fifa he fit in well and was 3rd in the league in assists.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Brendan Rodgers has until Christmas to challenge a top four spot with the money he has spent. Otherwise he will be gone. The owners will not tolerate another season like the last one.

glory10.png

WHOA I signed Firmino to Liverpool on my Fifa 15 career mode game long before this was talked about. Good signing and should go well for them. No surprise Hoffenheim couldn't hold on to such a player. On Fifa he fit in well and was 3rd in the league in assists.

Are you a Liverpool fan?

spacer.png

Liverpool's overpaid in my estimation. They needed to do something that would get the fan base excited and I think this does. If he can score half of his output for Hoffenheim, he'll be worth it. As for Benteke, if he could avoid injuries over the last 2 seasons he'd probably already be picked off by someone else. That's his biggest issue right now.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So…

Firmino’s worth £29 million, yet Benteke isn’t worth close to £32.5 million?

Right.

Notice I never said that Firmino was worth £29 million. We have, as usual, overpaid. But he reason I'm more excited about Firmino than I would be about Benteke is because Firmino's playing style suits us better.

spacer.png

So…

Right.

Notice I never said that Firmino was worth £29 million. We have, as usual, overpaid. But he reason I'm more excited about Firmino than I would be about Benteke is because Firmino's playing style suits us better.

For the record: I don’t think £29 million is that outrageous for Firmino. He’s 23, is one of the Bundesliga’s best playmakers, with one hell of a future ahead of him.

He’s a better signing for you lot than Benteke would’ve been — he fits a lot better — and I think it’s a great signing from Rodgers. Him and Ings are both smart, young moves that fit what he likes to do tactically.

It’s a shame he’ll be run out of town at Christmas when they’re sitting fifth or sixth with the fifth- or sixth-best team in the league. He’s buying young, which is one hell of a gamble on himself.

The point is that we shouldn’t simply act like because we don’t think a guy like Benteke is worth £32.5 million doesn’t mean the market agrees with us. If there’s a team out there who says, “Christian Benteke would be the perfect fit,” he’s worth £32.5 million to them, in the same way he’s worth that to Villa.

6fQjS3M.png

So…

Right.

For the record: I don’t think £29 million is that outrageous for Firmino. He’s 23, is one of the Bundesliga’s best playmakers, with one hell of a future ahead of him.

He’s a better signing for you lot than Benteke would’ve been — he fits a lot better — and I think it’s a great signing from Rodgers. Him and Ings are both smart, young moves that fit what he likes to do tactically.

It’s a shame he’ll be run out of town at Christmas when they’re sitting fifth or sixth with the fifth- or sixth-best team in the league. He’s buying young, which is one hell of a gamble on himself.

The point is that we shouldn’t simply act like because we don’t think a guy like Benteke is worth £32.5 million doesn’t mean the market agrees with us. If there’s a team out there who says, “Christian Benteke would be the perfect fit,” he’s worth £32.5 million to them, in the same way he’s worth that to Villa.

Oh sure, now I understand what you mean. When I said Benteke wasn't worth £32.5 million, I meant he wasn't worth that for Liverpool. But for a team like Chelsea or Man U? Sure.

spacer.png

Right, the Copa America is definitely not fixed :rolleyes: I feel really bad for Cavani, that joke of a sending off days after his father got convicted for manslaughter

Liverpool's overpaid in my estimation. They needed to do something that would get the fan base excited and I think this does. If he can score half of his output for Hoffenheim, he'll be worth it. As for Benteke, if he could avoid injuries over the last 2 seasons he'd probably already be picked off by someone else. That's his biggest issue right now.

half of 37 goals in 139 games? Would liverpool fans be okay with 18 goals over basically 4 seasons?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I was tracking 56 over 154 according to one source but those stats could be from 2012-2014 rather than 2013-215. And with Clyne going to Anfield it looks like they should be able to deal without Sterling if he goes. If he stays he shouldn't have to play LWB anymore.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived