2015/16 International Football

Crabcake

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has become stagnant and not really upped his game for about two or three years now and has been trying to live off a hat trick in the World Cup against a very poor Honduras side. Possibly why no bigger club has come in for him.

glory10.png

For your Freddie Adu update:

Remember him? He's now 26 years old. He's on his 11th team, and he's playing on their reserve team. The 4th division of the Finnish league, and the Finnish league is considered the 35th-best league in Europe, behind powerhouses Azerbaijan, Moldova, Georgia, and Kazakhstan.

Wasn't he supposed to save American soccer and make the sport bigger?

Remember him? He's now 26 years old. He's on his 11th team, and he's playing on their reserve team. The 4th division of the Finnish league, and the Finnish league is considered the 35th-best league in Europe, behind powerhouses Azerbaijan, Moldova, Georgia, and Kazakhstan.

Some players just fall by the wayside. America hyped him up too much at such a young age and he just failed to live up to that hype. Maybe if he had been just left to develop naturally without that hype things could of been different for him.

To be fair, MLS has got bigger and I can't remember when it did need saving.

glory10.png

I have no clue why they keep letting Higuain take PK in crucial moments. Pretty clear by now that he can't handle it.

And Messi should think long and hard about missing next years Copa America Centenario. Eventually, he will need to win something with his country if he wants to be in the conversation for GOAT

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Some players just fall by the wayside. America hyped him up too much at such a young age and he just failed to live up to that hype. Maybe if he had been just left to develop naturally without that hype things could of been different for him.

To be fair, he's NOT 26.

I have no clue why they keep letting Higuain take PK in crucial moments. Pretty clear by now that he can't handle it.

And Messi should think long and hard about missing next years Copa America Centenario. Eventually, he will need to win something with his country if he wants to be in the conversation for GOAT

It's amazing. Argentina has made three international finals with Messi, they're 0-3 and hasn't scored a single goal.

Only 3 finals. No wins. No goals. With freaking Messi!

That's insane.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

To be fair, he's NOT 26.

I think this sums the whole Freddy Adu scenario.

The MLS were desperate for a world soccer superstar and saw someone with potential. He signs a deal with Nike and gets given a multi million pound contract at such a young age. The pressure and promotional deals actually detract from the playing side of things and hinders his development. The expectation of a soccer base wanting the next worlds best player possibly never helped him either. Some can cope with all that but the one that was chosen just could never handle th pressure of it.

As I said earlier if he had been left alone to develop at his own natural curve he might have been what the American fans wanted from him.

glory10.png

News from ESPN FC today that despite reports yesterday that RVP was essentially off to Fenerbache, today his agent has claimed the deal isn't done yet.

Full story here: http://www.espnfc.us/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/2512347/arsenal-lead-chelsea-in-chase-for-munir-from-barcelona

spacer.png

Gold Cup.

Canada has some youthful attackers, apparently, which I'm looking forward to at least winning one knockout match.

Kit is the same as the WWC... as I'd imagine every single other fed playing both.

canada-soccer.jpg

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Toby Alderweireld officially joins Tottenham. He will partner his international team mate Jan Vertonghen as a central defensive unit.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/dream-come-true-for-toby-080715/

He is currently Spurs third signing so far. Kevin Wimmer and Kieran Trippier are the others.

glory10.png

I know IanC mentioned this in the NFL Merry go round thread but going to post it here with a few extra pictures in case anybody who might be interested doesn't visit that thread.

Spurs have announced that from 2018 they will have a 10 year partnership with the NFL to host 2 games per year. The new stadium which opens in 2018 will feature an artificial field below the main grass pitch to be used for NFL games. Full story HERE.

CJY8B6DWgAARcj8.jpg

CJY99dUWoAEQxrz.jpg

CJY8LQBWEAADnj6.jpg

The far stand behind the goal will become the largest single tier stand in the UK, holding 17,000 fans.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived