I want Pepsi to ditch their smiles.

2001mark

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coke vs Pepsi is regional too. Northwest is Pepsi by a mile. I worked for them for 5 years and we outsold Coke 4 to 1 on a regular basis. But I'll say without Mountain Dew, Pepsi would have probably died a while ago.

Pepsi owns Quebec because historically, Pepsi was cheaper and Quebec was poor. They do a lot of very sentimental advertising in Quebec to this day, like riffing on Moving Day, eating poutine, being cold, and, uh, driving crappy cars, I guess?:

Though ironically, the music in that spot is "Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity" by Gustav Holst, about as English a piece of music as there's ever been. Womp womp.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

this is what I see when I look at the Pepsi Logo

pepsifat.jpg

I'll never be able to unsee that now. That's hilarious

I've seen the belly one before lots of times, but the bending over butt-crack one is new to me!

• 2 weeks later...

Never been a big fan of the Pepsi smile either.

For those of you who have compared Coke products with Pepsi products, I might as well chime in:

Regular Coca-Cola is widely considered a masterpiece, but Cherry Vanilla Coke from the Freestyle systems and a splash of Coke with Dr Pepper ("Black Gold") taste even better.

With respect to Pepsi, regular is very flavorful and goes pretty good with food. Pepsi Next is pretty neat, and I would consider that to be comparable to store brand colas.

Never been a big fan of the Pepsi smile either.

For those of you who have compared Coke products with Pepsi products, I might as well chime in:

Regular Coca-Cola is widely considered a masterpiece, but Cherry Vanilla Coke from the Freestyle systems and a splash of Coke with Dr Pepper ("Black Gold") taste even better.

With respect to Pepsi, regular is very flavorful and goes pretty good with food. Pepsi Next is pretty neat, and I would consider that to be comparable to store brand colas.

I love Cherry Vanilla Coke Zero from a Freestyle machine. I drink massive amounts any time I am at a restaurant with one.

Both Pepsi & PNext are very good cold. Gotta drink them with a chilled glass or straight out of the fridge.

Coke is more forgiving if it loses a chill.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

My favorite soda rankings sees Pepsi coming out on top, though. So they got that going for them.

1. Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi

(a distant #) 2. Cherry Coke Zero

3. Diet Pepsi

4. Diet Coke

5. Pepsi Next

I want Pepsi to go in the trash.

Back when I drank soft drinks, if a restaurant I went to offered Pepsi as a substitute for Coke, I would just get a water.

I always thought they were the same, I thought it was silly when people did this (10+ years in the restaurant industry), I told myself I'd never be that person.

If the restaurant doesn't have Diet Coke or Diet Mountain Dew, I get water. I often weigh food options on whether or not I know they have Coke instead of Pepsi.

I'm ashamed of myself.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Both Pepsi & PNext are very good cold. Gotta drink them with a chilled glass or straight out of the fridge.

Coke is more forgiving if it loses a chill.

See I'm the opposite. If Coke sits around for a while and starts to fizz out, it gets flat and undrinkable. I usually buy soda in 2L bottles and it takes me 3 or 4 days to finish one. Pepsi still has flavor in the last glass, Coke usually doesn't.

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

Archived