I want Pepsi to ditch their smiles.

2001mark

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had it when it was out and new. I liked it much more than regular Pepsi (and i'm an avid Coke drinker). I believe it had something to do with forgoing the vanilla extract in the formula which is what helped with its clear appearance. And it was good. I mean really good. I was very sad when they pulled it back in the 90s. So you can guess my excitement that it's very possibly coming back!

As best I can remember, it tasted just like Pepsi. I read about it once and people said it tasted like stale cinnamon and stuff, but I think they were just fooled by it not looking like cola -- all they did was take the coloring out, I'm pretty sure.

Remember Pepsi Holiday Spice from Christmas 2004? That tasted like stale cinnamon and stuff.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Has anyone on here tried Crystal Pepsi? Did it actually taste like a clear version of Cola or was there a noticeable difference in flavour?

I remember liking it enough, though I probably never chose it over regular Pepsi for the taste. I thought its marketing & branding were cool.

I'm going to keep a sealed bottle this time, for posterity... I can't see them keeping it around more than a year, they probably just want a quick boost in overall sales.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I drank a lot of Pepsi at that time, and Crystal Pepsi had a distinct flavor to me.

I still have a couple of bottles that were going to make me rich one day, but I might as well crack them open and let you know now that it's coming back. :)

At least I still have my baseball cards.

I drank the stuff when it came out. It was definitely a cola but the artificial Carmel coloring wasn't added. It was really good.

It sparked a clear boom too even Miller came out with a clear beer lol

packchampionslfroh.png

Archived