Manchester United & Manchester City Fauxback

Elece_CP

Years pass since the founding of several clubs, and some of them have changed a lot since its early years to the present day. The shirts are what most change over time, but ever wondered what it would be the first shirts of each club were made to current standards? That's what I stopped to think, and tried to illustrate here.
In this post, two clubs were portrayed: Manchester City and Manchester United. The shirt of the City, was originally made in 1884, at the time the club was still called Gorton, and the United was made in 1878 when the club was called Newton Heath LYR. United have sent a shirt in honor of this for some time, and the City also recently but still with the current shell. My goal was to try to combine fidelity the unique, with the current templates of each club.
FAUXBACK%2BCITY.pngFAUXBACK%2BUNITED.png
Do not miss it on my blog: eleceathletic.blogspot.com.br/2015/05/e-se-as-primeiras-camisas-fossem-feitas.html
Follow us on Twitter: @EleceAthletic
Follow us on Instagram: EleceAthletic

Nice idea and well executed. I think that this type of idea could be allowed by the Premier League for a one-off fixture if the occasion was special enough. For example, on the anniversary of the 1958 Munich air disaster City and United wore retro shirts. West Brom also wore retro shirts recently to commemorate Jeff Astle.

Manchester City - Nice job of mixing the retro Gorton design onto the current template. It is quite simple but it is effective.

Manchester United - Again, good job of mixing old and new. I am not a huge fan of how the crest clashes but as far as I am aware Newton Heath wore shirts without a crest on them. I can't see the club ever allowing this though because the yellow and green colours have been adopted by LUHG - a fan group protesting the ownership.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

It's not the best. MCFC is way better than MUFC

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Archived