MLB Rivalry Series: Marlins vs. Rays (series finale)

Discrim

I'll tell you what...series usually aren't my thing. True, there are those I've taken on myself, or been the guest star in, that I remember fondly. The best series I'd ever done before now, though, was a complete accident. I don't mean that I hijacked somebody else's thread (I have sort of "competitively" collaborated a couple times, and honestly would be willing to do so again at some point)...no, I mean that back then, I'd honestly only intended to post a Montreal Maroons concept, and it wound up turning into a dead NHL teams series.

The MLB Rivalry Series' end is here, and that's where my thoughts took me, because when I'd posted them back in October, I had absolutely no inkling that I'd be making a decently sized series at all. That said, here we are...so without further ado, I give you the Miami Marlins.

marlinsrivalry.png

The home whites are based on the vests that the Marlins wore from 1993-2002. I'll be frank, I've long found it ironic that Loria made such a big deal about ditching teal, only for the current colors to include a teal blue. For a while, I toyed with the idea of orange pinstripes (as I know orange has never been used as an MLB pinstripe color), but figured this was the best way to go. The roads are all black, with a racing stripe reminiscent of the ABA's Floridians.

And now the Tampa Bay Rays.

raysrivalry.png

It took me a while to figure out what to do with the Rays...and then I realized it was time to get rowdie. The home whites use the original purple/yellow/green/blue/black scheme, while the roads use a Tampa Bay script and the ray of light on the cap. Their common theme is the striped sleeves, which are two tone blue on the grays, but multicolored on the whites, which was inspired by soccer's Tampa Bay Rowdies.

Well...there will be a spinoff mini-series that'll be titled differently, as I won't consider them part of the main series...but as far as the MLB Rivalry Series, this is the end. I hope it was awesome. :ninja:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Haha, you went all out for the series finale! These designs are nuts in the best way possible.

Also, since I'm kinda OCD--In case you want to re-title this thread, the Marlins/Rays games are commonly referred to as the "Citrus Series." :)

I don't really consider this the "series finale" seeing as I know what you have planned for the 'spin-off' series (I'm really looking forward to your Lone Star Series concepts) but I can honestly say this has been one of the most entertaining series to follow in my time on these forums. I'm a big fan of your work and will continue to follow it in the future.

WOW

B)

Haha, you went all out for the series finale! These designs are nuts in the best way possible.

Also, since I'm kinda OCD--In case you want to re-title this thread, the Marlins/Rays games are commonly referred to as the "Citrus Series." :)

I don't really consider this the "series finale" seeing as I know what you have planned for the 'spin-off' series (I'm really looking forward to your Lone Star Series concepts) but I can honestly say this has been one of the most entertaining series to follow in my time on these forums. I'm a big fan of your work and will continue to follow it in the future.

You partially know what I have planned ;) but now everybody can know...

1-Blue Jays vs Expos (90s)

2-Rangers vs Astros (2000s)

3-Cardinals vs Browns (40s)

4-Phillies vs A's (40s)

5-Dodgers & Giants vs Yankees (50s)

Loving those rainbow home uniforms! :grin:

Thanks Raysfan

I want the Rays to wear a set based off those homes so badly. Those are amazing.

If you think this one was a doozy, this is nothing compared to one time a few years ago when I did a faux-gradient Rays vest.

Is the College to NFL series coming back? Your helmet for the Patriots inspired by Michigan was perfect!!!

Yes...yes it is. It shall return in the near future.

Once you do the Pearson Cup (Jays/Expos) it would be awesome if one of the Toronto uniforms could be based on the Toronto Maple Leafs jersey.

IMG_5014.jpg

Toronto-Maple-Leafs-Baseball.jpg

Yeah, this is something I can get behind doing.

The Road Marlins uniform is flawless. Funny thing is, just yesterday, I was just thinking "what if another Florida team used a design similar to the Floridians".

This post has been brought to you by John Edward :D

Awwww Series finale.... I was hoping for the New York Mets/Yankees series oh well... Love it any way

Yeh, I'd just realized I'd forgotten to tag that thread, so I did so yesterday (regrettably, I couldn't do the same with the Cubs-Sox thread)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived