Columbus Blue Jackets

NDFreek

When I think about sports in Ohio, I think of tradition. Ohio State, the Browns, the Indians, and the Cavs (not too recently) have all had some of the most timeless uniforms of all time. However, one team stands out - the Blue Jackets. Granted the Blue Jackets are a 2000 expansion team, but I just think they can do so much more with their uniforms and identity. This is a team named after the Civil War, so why not have some neo-traditional uniforms?

Primary.png

The primary logo is taken from their alternate jersey. Personally I think its one of the best logos in the NHL.

alternate%20logo1.png

The secondary is the current secondary, recolored.

alternate%20logo2.png

The third is a play of the Cleveland Barons logo. Shows respect to the only other NHL team from Ohio.

Home.png

Away.png

Alternate.png

spacer.png

I feel like this would really benefit from adding another colour. The Navy and Vintage White combo is a little on the dull side. That being said I like the idea of going the traditional route and the road and alternate jerseys look nice.

I like the current blue jackets uniforms. But what you've done here is alright with me. I would also suggest adding a bit of red or white.

I just saw those 4 color schemes you came up with. #3 IS DEFINITELY THE WINNER. 4 looks to Preds IMO

I really like these a lot. I know a couple of responses have suggested they're bland, but I think bland and classic get mixed in together occasionally. Would you rather have the Red Wings uniforms or the original Ducks?

I don't think we need to be afraid to accept Classic looking jerseys. Look at all the garbage the NBA is putting out now! Would you rather have an updated Hawks '80's uniform set, or this lime green, red and black monstrosity with the half finished "firebird" logo that they've just patented?

I updated both the home and away sets with the new color scheme. I incorporated more white in the home to make it fit better with the away. Let me know what you think

updatehome.png

updateaway.png

spacer.png

I feel like this would really benefit from adding another colour. The Navy and Vintage White combo is a little on the dull side. That being said I like the idea of going the traditional route and the road and alternate jerseys look nice.

I disagree because of the theme of the team...the blue and sepia-like tone work perfectly for a Civil War theme.

As a Civil War buff, I love everything...the logos especially. Incredible work!

87Redskins.png

Archived