MLB Uniform Adjustments and Concepts

stl/indyguy1985

Cincinnati Reds

Again, just like the Braves and Cubs, I didn't feel that there was much that needed to be done to the Reds uniforms. The only slight modification I made was to put the goofy Johnny Redlegs mascot patch on the left sleeve of every jersey and not just the home and alternate red. A better, more consistant look in my opinion. Another change I made was the removal of the red hats with black bills on the road jersey. I never have liked black in the Reds color scheme as I just feel it isn't a good combination. So I left their hats solid red on all three, however I went ahead and put the black billed hat with the BP jersey it just seems that BP caps look good with a two tone color combination for some reason.

hGBPUrD.png

2281.gif187.gifgdm7egmgv3tsspc6f1gym7cwz.gif

We Are Cardinal Nation. Bleed Blue. Indiana's Game, Indiana's Team

9857qg.jpg

Actually I didn't. The numbers already have it and so does the home jersey logo. I guess if you added it to the road lettering it would all match or at least be more consistent.

9857qg.jpg

Colorado Rockies

The Rockies were another team that I left primarily the same, but did change the alternate jersey up a bit. In my opinion, I think the purple alternates are too loud and to me solid purple jerseys just don't look good in MLB. So I changed it to black and felt it would look better with the word "Rockies" on it, very reminiscent of the early 90's alternates. I also added purple piping and sleeve trim to better match the road jersey. I dropped the alternate vest jersey as I never have liked the look of it and I'm not a big fan of vest uniforms in MLB either. For the BP jersey I made them a simple plain black with the interlocking "CR" logo on it which I love. The hats I feel look better solid black on all three jerseys, but I did give the BP hat a purple bill and kept the logo the "CR" as the mountain logo just doesn't look good on a hat if you ask me.

WxJ1OrW.png

9857qg.jpg

Cincinnati Reds
Again, just like the Braves and Cubs, I didn't feel that there was much that needed to be done to the Reds uniforms. The only slight modification I made was to put the goofy Johnny Redlegs mascot patch on the left sleeve of every jersey and not just the home and alternate red. A better, more consistant look in my opinion. Another change I made was the removal of the red hats with black bills on the road jersey. I never have liked black in the Reds color scheme as I just feel it isn't a good combination. So I left their hats solid red on all three, however I went ahead and put the black billed hat with the BP jersey it just seems that BP caps look good with a two tone color combination for some reason.
hGBPUrD.png I would change the color of the cleats to red and to completely drop black as it should be.

Just one before I die.

33933305.jpg

Los Angeles Dodgers

The Dodgers are another one of those teams that have been around for so long and have such a classic look that it would seem inappropriate to do anything different with it. The only thing I did to the jerseys was take the "LA" logo off the sleeve, as having it on both the hat and the sleeve just seems excessive to me. For the road jersey, I decided to turn the current throwback jersey with "Dodgers" script on it into the regular road uniform as opposed to the rcurrent one with "Los Angeles" script across it. While having the team's city name on the road is more traditional, for some reason I don't feel that the name Los Angeles spelled out in cursive appears as well on a jersey. (Some city names are just too long.) In my opinion the word "Dodgers" looks better on both jerseys and I like the blue and white stripes on the sleeves. Keeping it simple, I made the BP jerseys pretty much the same and kept the hat solid blue as white bills just don't seem to look right to me on a ball cap.

DAYGCsc.png

9857qg.jpg

Miami Marlins

As much as I wish the Marlins would have stuck with their old teal & black color scheme and jumping fish logo, I did feel that their current "Miami" motif was good enough for a modern look, but still could use some minor tweaking and adjustments. Starting with the home jersey, I get that the Fish are trying to put the point across that they're called the "Miami" Marlins now and not the "Florida" Marlins, but why couldn't they have put "Marlins" on the home jerseys at least? To me, a city name should only appear on the road jersey unless you're wearing a throwback. It just doesn't make sense to wear it at home. (I'll get to the Rangers later.) So taking the same "Marlins" lettering that they wear only on their orange alternate jerseys for whatever reason, I transferred it over to the home white jersey, but kept the rest of it as well as the gray road jerseys the same. I also kept the two alternate jerseys mostly the same as well, but brought back the recently retired orange hats that I feel go along so well with their current color scheme. It just feels appropriate that a team from the Orange State should have an orange hat to go along with their orange jerseys. For the BP jersey I kept them exactly the same. Finally, I dropped the "M" logo from the sleeves of all the jerseys as just like with the Dodgers, I feel it's a little excessive to have the same logo both on the hat and the sleeve. (The Indians could be an exception to this rule however.)

ei4Lsu3.png

9857qg.jpg

Milwaukee Brewers

The Brewers again were another team who's regular home and road uniforms I left alone and only did work on their alternates. First off, I eliminated the gold alternate jersey as I just hate the color of it and I also got rid of the alternate blue jersey with "Milwaukee" on it. Just like with the Dodgers, Milwaukee is one of those city names that in my opinion is just way too long to be spelled out in cursive on a baseball uniform. Plus I figured if the regular road gray jersey doesn't have it, why bother having it on an alternate? I did however leave the blue alternate that just says "Brewers" as I actually like the colors of it. Also I fixed the throwback jersey so that it's the proper pullover jersey with a blue collar and elastic waistband pants. Also I removed the logo from the sleeve since it wan't there in the first place. For BP I returned them to the style they had prior to the throwback type that they wear now, as the "MB" logo is another one of those logos that I think looks OK on a hat but not on a jersey.

4wcnR3L.png

9857qg.jpg

New York Mets

I was so glad when the Mets ditched black from their color scheme and went back to their original appearance with the cream colored pinstripes. Keeping with this theme, I left the regular home and road uniforms exactly the same as well as the alternate home blue jersey. I don't get however why they have silver lettering on the alternate road jersey, so I changed it to the same orange with a white outline as the home alternate and matched the hat as well. Not to be unsupportive of the military, but the Mets in cammo just doesn't look right to me, especially when you mix in their orange and blue colors. So instead I replaced the cammo jersey with an 80's throwback, complete with orange and blue racing stripes down the shoulders and pants. The BP jersey has been redone to reflect the blue alternate jersey the Mets wore in the 80's as well, with the word "Mets" colored white with an orange outline. The BP hat logo also matches this color pattern, replacing the hideous orange BP hats with Mr. Met on them that they wear now. No disrespect to Mets fans, but I just never have liked Mr. Met as a mascot. On that same note, I made the sleeve patches the same on every jersey, (except the throwback) as just having the regular Mets circle logo with backdrop of the city on it seems a better, more traditional and consistent look.

kIVyjQ9.png

9857qg.jpg

Archived