Terrible commentators in sports

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised no one has brought up Hawk Harrelson. Without a doubt the worst announcer in all of sports, he too biased. Sox fans have some blind love for him, and I hate it. If you think his catchphrases are awful after the first time hearing them, imagine after watching the Sox for countless years like me. He literally makes up excuses for why the Sox are doing poor or down and whatever team the Sox are playing, well they're the best team he's seen in his 50 years of baseball. Plus he fired Tony LaRussa when he was GM in the 80s.

Also here's my favorite Pierre .gif since we're on the subject of awful announcing

Pierre_Intervierw.gif

spacer.png

^ LOL great .gif

-

Clippers crew is awful, old man with mustache and microphone stuck to it , not stop yabber, and biased as :censored: !

Regarding the White Sox, i think Hawk would be better if the sox had more chips, it sounds like he is just bitter and mad, a few rings would cheer him up, and he would go easier on our ears.

Surprised no one has brought up Hawk Harrelson.

Please...

With all due respect to our Phil Simms, Pierre Maguires, or Hawk Harrelsons of the sporting universe...

Hawk Harrelson is literally the worst, I struggle to even watch MLB.com highlight videos with him on.

The two clear worst, IMHO, are:

1. Hawk Harrelson

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Surprised no one has brought up Hawk Harrelson.

Please...

With all due respect to our Phil Simms, Pierre Maguires, or Hawk Harrelsons of the sporting universe...

Hawk Harrelson is literally the worst, I struggle to even watch MLB.com highlight videos with him on.

The two clear worst, IMHO, are:

1. Hawk Harrelson

I stand corrected. Readings a wonderful thing hahaha

spacer.png

Well I'll tell you what, this Jon Gruden guy, who broadcasts Monday Night Football for ESPN, is a pret-ty darn annoying broadcaster.

While I love Gruden for what he did with my Bucs'. Yes, he is a terrible commentator, he tends to like players (specifically QB's) a little too much.

On the subject, I was driving home from work during the Clippers/Rockets game 7 and could've listened to either the Clippers or Rockets broadcast on Sirius and chose the Rockets. It was some of the most biased crap I've heard. I turned it to the Clippers and the guy was a pro. If it didn't say it on the screen and if their wasn't local ads, you wouldn't even know it was a local broadcast.

The Clips' guy is Ralph Lawler, who's been broadcasting their games since the late '70s, when the team moved to San Diego. He usually does TV primarily, but moves over to radio play-by-play when the team has exclusive national telecasts. He's definitely better than a lot of the other local yokels you hear elsewhere.

As far as local announcers in any sport...it doesn't get any worse than the Hawk. Never mind the catchphrases (which I actually mind don't too much), but it's just overly-blatant and childish homerism that's the problem (particularly whenever the White Sox's opponent stumps a mudhole in them, and he'll go slient for stretches of the game). Hawk's homerism has got so bad over the years, that it's dragged down his color commentators, especially Steve Stone (who I always thought was one of the better analysts in baseball).

Well I'll tell you what, this Jon Gruden guy, who broadcasts Monday Night Football for ESPN, is a pret-ty darn annoying broadcaster.

While I love Gruden for what he did with my Bucs'. Yes, he is a terrible commentator, he tends to like players (specifically QB's) a little too much.

Lol I remember him at the draft saying what a great QB Johnny Manziel would become

spacer.png

I gotta hear this Hawk Harrelson guy. I feel like I'm missing out!

You're not. I don't know if the video includes any of his obnoxious "Put in on the booooooooooooard" home run call, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

The extended silences may be the best things I've ever heard out of Harrelson.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I gotta hear this Hawk Harrelson guy. I feel like I'm missing out!

You're not. I don't know if the video includes any of his obnoxious "Put in on the booooooooooooard" home run call, though.

Thank you for that. I can tell that he is obnoxious just by that short video.

Archived