Teams that could use some BFBS

WavePunter

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 49ers alt looks like someone dragged the Giants' away jersey into photoshop, and used the paint bucket to fill in the white with black.

As I was typing that, I figure I'd conduct a quick experiment to prove my point.

fcuotz.jpg

bufg.png

The Tampa Bay Lightning... Though it wouldn't technically be BFBS since it was originally their main colour, but the point still stands. The Lightning need black and no the tiny outlines around the numbers and pants don't count.

The Tampa Bay Lightning... Though it wouldn't technically be BFBS since it was originally their main colour, but the point still stands. The Lightning need black and no the tiny outlines around the numbers and pants don't count.

I've always thought that the Lightning need (*sigh*) volt, or some other highlighter color.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

University of Montana Grizzlies use black as an unofficial official color. If they took these one time uniforms (idk why they had orange) and changed the orange to silver or maroon, they could make a pretty sweet alternate

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-comoia75S5w/TiWqvtDErnI/AAAAAAAAAWM/oben2DF2usk/s1600/UM_BlackBlack_Home2.jpg

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

This is the team that this thread was truly created for.The worst thing Yzerman did when taking over was turning them into the Maple Leafs, jersey-wise. They desperately need black and silver back.

I actually liked the mets black jerseys and black hats look at lot. I hated the drop shadows on the white jerseys and I think the blue hat looks much better With the road grays- but in a bubble the black jerseys with the black hat (black brim version) look great

Also- while I defintly like the knicks jerseys without the black stripes better, I thikk the logo looked miles better WITH black than the recolored version

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Bucs (oh wait, Buccanners, lol), Clippers, Nuggets, Rays (with black cap and jersey), Rams, and Chiefs would all look unique (in a good way) if they did it at least once.

This is the team that this thread was truly created for.The worst thing Yzerman did when taking over was turning them into the Maple Leafs, jersey-wise. They desperately need black and silver back.

I would absolutely love love LOVE if the Lightning had a silver alternate.

But how can it be added in a way that truly works well??

Black outlines around the white stripes would look like crap. Black sleeves would look great at home, but look like crap on the road. Idk where else it can be incorporared...

Black outlines around the white stripes would look like crap. Black sleeves would look great at home, but look like crap on the road. Idk where else it can be incorporared...

They could also change the uniforms. They're not obligated to stick with this striping pattern.

I prefer that Tampa have more black in their uniforms but I, dare I say, kinda like the look now. I feel ashamed now...

There's nothing wrong with the look. It's a good looking sweater. The problem is how derivative it is.

Just have an extra white outline between the Black and Blue on the road. Or use the original "Hawaiian Blue," so there's no colour bleed.

• 3 months later...

Temple University. They originated as a night school, so if any FBS program deserves BFBS, it's them. I'm calling it now: a NIGHT OWLS alternate.

Also, TCU could really use some black again. Their current set traded that out for GFGS, when they already had a fine look, including this great alt that proved to the Toronto Raptors you can use purple and black with red as an accent to great effect.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I think the Cleveland Indians could look better by using black in place of their navy. If they had a more unique color scheme, I would say leave it alone. But MLB can afford to spare a red/white/blue team, and I think the Indians are a good candidate to do so, especially if and when they finally ditch Wahoo.

In some other thread, people were talking about how the Indians alts this year looked almost black. When I pictured the jerseys actually being black, I think they looked better.

By the way, I am not taking "tradition" into account when saying something like this, so don't get all "but they've always done it that way" on me.

I realize your disclaimer at the end but that’s still… weak. It’s like saying, “Yeah, Wisconsin should start wearing black because there are a lotta red college teams.”

The Indians have worn blue for every year of their 115-season existence.

If you want to “sacrifice” a team, I’d suggest finding someone… else.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived