FIFA officials arrested on corruption charges

Canada is putting a bid for 2026 together, let us have one before American exceptionalism rears its head again.

You'd have to renovate/expand virtually every CFL stadium to pull it off.

It ain't happening.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll probably not do anything about Russia, UEFA won't throw them under the bus and they've fared much better than Qatar.

This is the part of the program where I remind you that Russia's currently in a shooting war with another UEFA member, trying to destabilize others and much of the rest of Europe is upset about all of this.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Canada is putting a bid for 2026 together, let us have one before American exceptionalism rears its head again.

You'd have to renovate/expand virtually every CFL stadium to pull it off.

It ain't happening.

Plus Canada has a World Cup starting this weekend.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Can't take the 2018 WC away from Russia at this point. They would likely ask for a massive settlement, since a few of the stadiums are already completed and with the way the ruble is falling they need to at least keep the circenses part going. For 2022 I'd wager Australia as more likely, the AFC will want to keep it there and it's not like they need massive work

07Giants.pngnyy.png

More revelations

FIFA paid Irish FA so they wouldn't pursue legal case into Thierry Henry handball, confirms federation chief

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fifa-paid-irish-fa-wouldnt-5823633

This hits just keep coming. And this is only the first 14 people implicated so far. There's somewhere between 10 and 25 more they're going after based just on the original indictment.

Seems like everyone is rushing to sing before their peers.

Can't take the 2018 WC away from Russia at this point. They would likely ask for a massive settlement, since a few of the stadiums are already completed and with the way the ruble is falling they need to at least keep the circenses part going. For 2022 I'd wager Australia as more likely, the AFC will want to keep it there and it's not like they need massive work

See above Re: Russia in shooting war.

I suspect many of the UEFA countries' governments have a " :censored: 'em" attitude where Ivan is concerned.

Today, we are all otaku.

I suspect many of the UEFA countries' governments have a " :censored: 'em" attitude where Ivan is concerned.

Well, I doubt UEFA will make much of a stand against Russia as long as Gazprom is one of the major sponsors of the Champions League. And Blatter's stance has always been that football and politics don't mix. If Ukraine doesn't boycott, I can definitely see them 'accidentally' going in a tough qualifying group.

It's a shame, really, because if it weren't for Vlad trying to recreate a great Russia, Russia would have been a great host. We were in the whole BRICS phase when Russia was voted as

07Giants.pngnyy.png

For 2022 I'd wager Australia as more likely, the AFC will want to keep it there and it's not like they need massive work

Yeah, I heard a footy head on radio the other day suggesting as much. FIFA & AFC will probably look to keep it in the middle east, with UAE or Saudi Arabia as possibilities. Otherwise, 2022 will probably be Australia, as Japan-Korea have recently hosted.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Is England considered a single country for FIFA purposes? I'd like to see Scotland get some of the games if it'll stop their whining about secession.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Is England considered a single country for FIFA purposes? I'd like to see Scotland get some of the games if it'll stop their whining about secession.

Yeah they are. For the Olympics it's the United Kingdom(with them, Scotland, Wales, and N. Ireland).

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Well, I doubt UEFA will make much of a stand against Russia as long as Gazprom is one of the major sponsors of the Champions League. And Blatter's stance has always been that football and politics don't mix. If Ukraine doesn't boycott, I can definitely see them 'accidentally' going in a tough qualifying group.

It's a shame, really, because if it weren't for Vlad trying to recreate a great Russia, Russia would have been a great host. We were in the whole BRICS phase when Russia was voted as

*Ahem*

Today, we are all otaku.

Yeah they are. For the Olympics it's the United Kingdom(with them, Scotland, Wales, and N. Ireland).
Right, but does that mean a World Cup would have to be awarded to England only and not the UK?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah.

There are joint bids that are allowed between 2 teams so conceivably England and Scotland could joint bid, but probably not since Scotland doesn't have nearly the stadia England does.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Also, I recall reading somewhere that FIFA isn't too big on countries co-hosting anymore.

The bribe receiving is easier when there's only one country per bid to collect from.

Right, but does that mean a World Cup would have to be awarded to England only and not the UK?

Yep. Due to the 4 home countries having their own FA's and such any English WC would just be in England. Scotland would have to apply itself if it wanted a WC. It's the downside of their stubborn refusal to participate as the UK in soccer.

It's also what continues to keep them out of Olympic soccer other than 2012 as there is no mechanism for the UK team to qualify other than hosting the Olympics since the UK team doesn't exist except during the Olympics.

Archived