FIFA officials arrested on corruption charges

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*scans list of charges*

Good Lord, these :censored: s are literally a superweapon away from being Bond villains.

Well, we found out Germany lifted a weapons ban and funnelled RPGs to Saudi Arabia to get their vote for 2006, so hey!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If by a long shot the US gets the hosting nod for 2022, What venues would you use for the games?

My picks are:

- Rose Bowl (California)- Opening and Final Game

- Ohio Stadium - Semi Final

- AT&T Stadium - Semi Final

- MetLife Stadium

- Mile High

- FedEx Field

- SunLife Stadium

- CenturyLink Field

- U of Phoenix Stadium

- Soldier Field

- Arrowhead Stadium

- Gillette Stadium

I guess the US could host next month if need be, the infrastructure is already in place. Hell, if they wanted they could double the field and the US would be able to handle 24 venues easily.

^In this page you see what sites were originally planned:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_2022_FIFA_World_Cup_bid

Little chance any strictly college stadium will be a host.

I'm not against the sites selected, but some would probably change. (Santa Clara instead of San Diego most likely) I wouldn't mind going down to Atlanta for a game or two, although I would prefer something in Charlotte though.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

The only problem with the US hosting a World Cup is that we wouldn't have to build a bunch of useless stadiums and bulldoze poor people, which is what FIFA and the IOC generally prefer host countries to do.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The only problem with the US hosting a World Cup is that we wouldn't have to build a bunch of useless stadiums and bulldoze poor people, which is what FIFA and the IOC generally prefer host countries to do.

"Challenge accepted." --Mayor Rahm Emanuel

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

John Oliver did it!

I'm not against the sites selected, but some would probably change. (Santa Clara instead of San Diego most likely) I wouldn't mind going down to Atlanta for a game or two, although I would prefer something in Charlotte though.

You're not against Indianapolis over Chicago? Soldier Field has grass -- really crappy grass, but grass -- and is in one of the nation's world-class cities, a city of immigrants where there is a big soccer contingent among Mexicans, Poles, and so on. Indianapolis is where furniture retailers go to conventions. I've never exactly claimed to be Soccer Sam, and my antipathy for Soldier Field is well-known, but not having World Cup games in Chicago is a grievous oversight.

I'd drop Boston altogether rather than put Foxborough on a world stage and make global tourists schlep down US-1 to some glorified lifestyle mall.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Soldier Field is too small to be a World Cup venue now, and was left out of the last bid for that reason. That renovation would be the stupidest thing of Daley's second decade as mayor, were it not for the 20 other stupid things. It will have to be content with being Mexico's other home stadium.

I miss the good old days when the worst thing you could say about the McCaskeys was "they are not good at running an NFL team" instead of "they accuse rape victims of lying."

Gotta find a way to squeeze some extra seats in, then. We're supposed to send the goddamn English to Nashville?!? They can't even handle our boorish drunks!

I miss the good old days when the worst thing you could say about the McCaskeys was "they are not good at running an NFL team" instead of "they accuse rape victims of lying."

Gotta find a way to squeeze some extra seats in, then. We're supposed to send the goddamn English to Nashville?!? They can't even handle our boorish drunks!

Are you talking about the time Bears fans ran the Nashville bars dry when they crushed the Titans?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Are you talking about the time Bears fans ran the Nashville bars dry when they crushed the Titans?

That and Perds games where the local yokels throw nonstop bitchfits about how rude those Yankees from Illinois [ ¯\(°_°)/¯ sic] are to the extent that they have to devise these Rube Goldbergian schemes to keep them out. If reports are to be believed, some of the Illinois Yankees swear. :o

John Oliver did it!

You're not against Indianapolis over Chicago? Soldier Field has grass -- really crappy grass, but grass -- and is in one of the nation's world-class cities, a city of immigrants where there is a big soccer contingent among Mexicans, Poles, and so on. Indianapolis is where furniture retailers go to conventions. I've never exactly claimed to be Soccer Sam, and my antipathy for Soldier Field is well-known, but not having World Cup games in Chicago is a grievous oversight.

I'd drop Boston altogether rather than put Foxborough on a world stage and make global tourists schlep down US-1 to some glorified lifestyle mall.

FIFA would mandate grass for the mens game if it was held inside a dome. I think Dallas would probably get a semi-final or the final. The Rose Bowl is an antigue and would need to be set up as an all seater for the tournament, most of the college football stadiums would fall into the same boat. I remember the pod system they used at the Silverdome working much better than the field in San Antonio did. It was set inside several hexagonal bases and patched together at the stadium. I think summer in Indiana would be much nicer on grass than winter in Texas. San Diego would probably not host unless the Chargers got a new stadium. Santa Clara actually works pretty well as a soccer stadium and it was built with the intent of upgrading internet and wi-fi abilities as they progressed. I'm sure FIFA will be big on that for their press corps.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

John Oliver did it!

Honestly I thought Chicago was on there, but Soldier Field was a lot smaller than I remember. Due to the size of the city, it could certainly host it no doubt instead of or along with Indy, but right now Lucas Oil is the more attractive stadium, capacity and age wise.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

John Oliver did it!

Honestly I thought Chicago was on there, but Soldier Field was a lot smaller than I remember. Due to the size of the city, it could certainly host it no doubt instead of or along with Indy, but right now Lucas Oil is the more attractive stadium, capacity and age wise.

And Indy would have grass for any World Cup event. They would roll up the turf and put down temporary grass even indoors like they did during '94 in Detroit I think it was.

Soldier Field is too small to be a World Cup venue now, and was left out of the last bid for that reason. That renovation would be the stupidest thing of Daley's second decade as mayor, were it not for the 20 other stupid things. It will have to be content with being Mexico's other home stadium.

It seats 61 500, which would be fine to host Group Stage and Ro16 matches.

You're putting a nation on display here. I wouldn't care if Soldier Field only seated 10 people, we can do better than Indianapolis: Milwaukee Without The Charm.

New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Miami, Seattle, Dallas, Washington, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Houston, and...Kansas City, I guess? Throw them a bone for the Hunts nurturing soccer here.

Archived