FIFA officials arrested on corruption charges

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem clearly lies deeper than Blatter. Every one of the 133 votes for him is as important as each other.

I really hope that these investigations get rid of ALL of the corruption and not just the face of it all in Blatter - although that would be a big step.

Failing that a full Boycott of the World Cup/breakaway federation is the only feasible way I see of anything being cleaned up. The corruption is clearly rife and institutionalized.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

The problem clearly lies deeper than Blatter. Every one of the 133 votes for him is as important as each other.

I really hope that these investigations get rid of ALL of the corruption and not just the face of it all in Blatter - although that would be a big step.

Failing that a full Boycott of the World Cup/breakaway federation is the only feasible way I see of anything being cleaned up. The corruption is clearly rife and institutionalized.

I think Blatter owes DuPont some money: He's so Teflon!

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Well, if my math if right...

Africa and Asia brings him to 100 votes despite the Aussies saying they would vote for the other guy.

I can assume that of the 53 members that make up UEFA, 7 of them voted for Blatter.

I can also assume that he had the vote of Oceania and South America. Those two combine for 21 votes giving him 128.

Which means at least five members of CONCACAF voted for Blatter to reach 133.

Personally, I want to know how each country voted on the first ballot because then we will know which countries should be shamed for selling out.

Well, if my math if right...

Africa and Asia brings him to 100 votes despite the Aussies saying they would vote for the other guy.

I can assume that of the 53 members that make up UEFA, 7 of them voted for Blatter.

I can also assume that he had the vote of Oceania and South America. Those two combine for 21 votes giving him 128.

Which means at least five members of CONCACAF voted for Blatter to reach 133.

Personally, I want to know how each country voted on the first ballot because then we will know which countries should be shamed for selling out.

None of South America actually voted for Blatter, it appears that a few more CONCACAF and UEFA members voted for Blatter than we were really expecting.

FIFA re-elect Sepp Blatter because of course they did.

Fantastic.

Count me as another that won't be watching anymore World Cups while he's in charge.

I wish I could say the same. That's the trouble with organizations like the NFL and FIFA: they know that they can get away with anything because they know they're too popular; they know people will watch them no matter what.

spacer.png

Fantastic.

Count me as another that won't be watching anymore World Cups while he's in charge.

I wish I could say the same. That's the trouble with organizations like the NFL and FIFA: they know that they can get away with anything because they know they're too popular; they know people will watch them no matter what.

I understand your point, but Baddell and Blubber both must go.

Maybe the XFL was a good idea after all. Maybe someone should step up and give the Arena League or the CFL better exposure since ESPN thinks so less of those guys.

Fantastic.

I understand your point, but Baddell and Blubber both must go.

Maybe the XFL was a good idea after all. Maybe someone should step up and give the Arena League or the CFL better exposure since ESPN thinks so less of those guys.

That league's dead. It just doesn't realize it yet.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

We just have to see if Platini is big enough to pull the rug from under Fifa's feet. If Uefa boycott or pull out now then the main large sponsors will I assume also leave Fifa in the dirt. Leaving Fifa with just a few big South American teams in Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay I can't see how the organisation can continue if it happens.

The other scenario is individual football associations just boycott the World Cups all the while Blatter is in charge.

glory10.png

We just have to see if Platini is big enough to pull the rug from under Fifa's feet. If Uefa boycott or pull out now then the main large sponsors will I assume also leave Fifa in the dirt. Leaving Fifa with just a few big South American teams in Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay I can't see how the organisation can continue if it happens.

The other scenario is individual football associations just boycott the World Cups all the while Blatter is in charge.

I sure hope some action can be taken. If anybody gets kciked out for not supporting Blatter, it would probably be worth it at this point.

Blatter keeps doubling down Mike Pence style. He now says the indictments are because England and the U.S. lost the World Cups and something doesn't smell right with the timing. He also said "he can forgive but he won't forget."

It's going to be so amazing when he gets arrested.

Two UK banks have started internal reviews into whether they were used for corrupt payments by Fifa officials, the BBC understands.

Barclays and Standard Chartered, as well as HSBC, were referred to in the FBI indictment of seven Fifa officials.

Barclays & HSBC have declined to comment while Standard Chartered said it was looking into those payments and would not comment further at this time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32950214

glory10.png

Archived