Wiffle Ball Logo

wisconsinrules

My friends and I have a Wiffle Ball Tournament Every Year and this year we decided to make a logo, we decided it needs to be rectangular and the colors of red, white, and blue. I know it's pretty basic but I like the "quiet" logos. The bat is a vector that took the longest time not to be wavy, I'll post it if anybody wants it. C & C welcome.

plaYt5m.png

Do you dare use a wiffle ball for the "O" in "FOX"? :)

It's clean and I can tell it's a wb ball, not a baseball bat. Good job.

if you do that I would suggest you flip the bat so that it look like its about to hit the ball. this looks classic and clean...good job!

Here are the updated versions.

FRoB58u.png

xF1FUpH.png

The new version is much better.

That being said, and this is with the caveat that I am not a pro designer, it's ... boring. I don't mean to be condescending, just honest.

I understand you like simple, but in my humble opinion if you want to get people interested in your tournament, advertise for it, want other people to be vendors at it, etcetra, then I would attempt to do something a bit more interesting while still keeping your basic elements here (the ball in FOX, the bat, the colors. In some cases, it's about what other people will find appealing, not what you like. I mean, unless this is just a tournament with a bunch of friends and there's nothing official whatsoever about it, then nevermind. =)

Here are some examples of what other places are doing:

IEgJkmi.jpg

I also understand if you just don't think you can do it or not sure where to turn for help with a more advanced logo. Perhaps some of the talented people here could help for either free or for a modest fee if it's a charity event?

I just think you can do better, and I think your tournament will be better for it as well.

I hope you don't take offense.

Please delete my account.

Do you dare use a wiffle ball for the "O" in "FOX"? :)

It's clean and I can tell it's a wb ball, not a baseball bat. Good job.

if you do that I would suggest you flip the bat so that it look like its about to hit the ball. this looks classic and clean...good job!

Here are the updated versions.

xF1FUpH.png

Perfection!

87Redskins.png

The new version is much better.

That being said, and this is with the caveat that I am not a pro designer, it's ... boring. I don't mean to be condescending, just honest.

I understand you like simple, but in my humble opinion if you want to get people interested in your tournament, advertise for it, want other people to be vendors at it, etcetra, then I would attempt to do something a bit more interesting while still keeping your basic elements here (the ball in FOX, the bat, the colors. In some cases, it's about what other people will find appealing, not what you like. I mean, unless this is just a tournament with a bunch of friends and there's nothing official whatsoever about it, then nevermind. =)

Here are some examples of what other places are doing:

IEgJkmi.jpg

I also understand if you just don't think you can do it or not sure where to turn for help with a more advanced logo. Perhaps some of the talented people here could help for either free or for a modest fee if it's a charity event?

I just think you can do better, and I think your tournament will be better for it as well.

I hope you don't take offense.

It depends on how OP is using it...his logo would work well for signage at the fields or even a shirt logo or Facebook graphic. The others would look good on different usages. His is probably effective for his purpose, a tourney among friends. If it were a city-wide organized association, then yes, take it further.

Those are great but that first one...I can't get away from seeing a golf theme. All of those extra wiffle balls on the outside are making me see golf ball dimples.

The only two I am really loving are the Strike out.CF logo and the Cincy WB Club.

87Redskins.png

It depends on how OP is using it...his logo would work well for signage at the fields or even a shirt logo or Facebook graphic. The others would look good on different usages. His is probably effective for his purpose, a tourney among friends. If it were a city-wide organized association, then yes, take it further.

Those are great but that first one...I can't get away from seeing a golf theme. All of those extra wiffle balls on the outside are making me see golf ball dimples.

The only two I am really loving are the Strike out.CF logo and the Cincy WB Club.

Absolutely. It depends on the context. Maybe I didn't explain that so well.

Agreed on the dimples. It's just an example I found ... not every one is perfect or incredible, but each provides elements that could be used for inspiration.

Overall, the better your logo, the more legitimate and interesting it becomes to the people you are displaying it to. To me, if had a choice to click on one or the other on a web site, I'd click on one of the exmaples. If I was going to buy a t-shirt, or make a choice about where to sell my stuff this weekend, I'd go with the more intricate one first unless I had inside information and reccomendations about the other. That's all I'm saying.

It's still a solid design and a good start ... I just think it could easily be taken a bit further and for good benefit.

Please delete my account.

Archived