NHL Redux by OSM61 - Red Wings, Wild updated (22/30 teams)

OhioSportsMan61

Excellent job on the Isles. Really liking the stripes.

For the Flyers, maybe try making the cuffs black?

For the Flyers, maybe try making the cuffs black?

+1

Making this change would turn a 4 star concept into a 5

You both are very, very right about the Flyers...Here is an update!

PHIhf_zpsufkfesdm.png

PHIrf_zpsjva1dy5q.png

Perfect. Also, I hate to bug you again about the Capitals but those logos are really bothering me and my OCD side.

spacer.png

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5) San Jose Sharks

I just saw 'your' SJ Sharks jerseys. It looks good but it might look a tiny bit like a jersey I made in March, this year (Seriously, you just changed the orange for grey, the shoulder patch and the font). It was posted on HJC on March 24.

I did mention in that post that it was inspired by a few different concepts that I have seen around these boards, but I have gone back and edited the post to give you credit where credit is due (but like you mention, it is not a total ripoff as I have included several different elements). Sorry if this offended you, the post has been edited

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Alright, so I am working on teams from both the Central and Atlantic Divisions simultaneously so they won't exactly go in order from here on out in this series. Up next...We have the Chicago Blackhawks, and I need your input! I have come up with 3 different uniform variations and cannot decide which one to choose to finalize!

16) Chicago Blackhawks

Option A

CHIhf_zpsslydfpgb.pngCHIrf_zpsl1lkt5w1.png

Option B

CHIhf2_zpscdvpklz5.pngCHIrf2_zpsr9srzhxv.png

Option C

CHIhf3_zpseuomlckk.pngCHIrf2_zpsr9srzhxv.png

Which one do you guys like best?

2LYbxnm.png

Option C is by far the best but the cross tomahawks C needs to be yellow. It is best because it finally fixes the current arm stripes which were reduced to non-matching 3 stripes after the 1962 season. This design is perfect other than the C being the same color as the red sweater. Now all the stripes on the red sweater match: white/black/white/black/white. It looks so much better. Now if the Blackhawks would go back to being the Chicago Black Hawks (like they were until 1986) and use the Native American head they had immediately before the current one it would be perfection.

Option C is by far the best but the cross tomahawks C needs to be yellow. It is best because it finally fixes the current arm stripes which were reduced to non-matching 3 stripes after the 1962 season. This design is perfect other than the C being the same color as the red sweater. Now all the stripes on the red sweater match: white/black/white/black/white. It looks so much better. Now if the Blackhawks would go back to being the Chicago Black Hawks (like they were until 1986) and use the Native American head they had immediately before the current one it would be perfection.

+1

Listen to this guy, everything he said is true.

spacer.png

That Flyers update is absolutely stunning. Perfect combination of eras without any of the poor design decisions that dog the current set.

Chicago looks great as well. I particularly like how the tomahawks are coloured differently on the road.

Thanks for all of the great feedback on the Blackhawks, much appreciated.

This concept series is going to start to slow down a bit as I start a new job tomorrow, but I fully plan on completing it at some point over the duration of this summer. If you check out the OP on the first page, I have updated it with a list of all of the teams that I have completed so far (I think 23 so far), so I will post them all when I can over the next week or two. But anyways, here is team #17...

17) Dallas Stars

DALhf_zpsvqvfhalr.png

DALrf_zpsqg6gv1vc.png

This is similar to the Stars concept I did earlier this year, but I combined those elements with the star jersey from the early 2000's for this look. I also prefer the Texas/Star logo over the current primary logo.

C&C is always appreciated. Stay tuned for the rest of this series to be posted!

2LYbxnm.png

Maybe switch the grey and black on the road jersey?

Ditto. But probably the best Stars concept I've seen in a while.

spacer.png

Good Stars concept. The added trim around the Stars number font looks good, and everything else is nice as well.

I prefer when the main Star logo is used somewhere, but that's just me.

First--I appreciate the work that goes into these, and I like when people stretch more than simple tweaks--although those can be good too.

This set has some of both, and over all is better than I would have done, but I do have some comments...

LA--Kind of reminds me of the Blues for some reason--not quite sure why that is, but maybe a bit less whit would look better.

Vancouver--I like this one--it keeps a cool look & adds to it--I particularly like the sleeve stripes being a little different, and it works here

Calgary-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely hate the horse head logo and was elated when they dumped it--I never want to see it again, except in old photographs--It's an awful logo--it's a bald horse for starters. Why use such a horrible logo when you have something classic like the Flaming C?

As for the jersey design itself--I like it--much more hockey than what they currently have, although the black needs to be toned down a bit.

Anaheim-it's okay, nothing really to add, I'd have no issues if they used it

San Jose-same as Anaheim, with the addition of I would want to see how the sides looked when it was actually being worn in a game.

Edmonton-An improvement--not as tacky as the orange yoke they have, this is toned down, although I'd like to see them return to the darker blue & copper look they used to have--much more timeless, not dated.

Phoenix--I know a lot of people like the Arizona type template--but i find it too busy & distracting--I much prefer the simpler look they went with. But this is a good interpretation of that Arizona type look.

Carolina--a Good return to their former look, where they look more distinctive

Rangers-It does look cleaner--and more consistent--so job done

Pittsburgh-It's okay--like SJ & Anaheim

Columbus--I like the striping changes--it adds something without clobbering you over the head with it

Washington-not a fan--why take a cool look and do something kind of Blah, like a "W"? Put a different logo on the jersey and it could be cool though.

New Jersey-Good tweaks--they're a team that's hard to change a lot unless you go way, way out there--which probably won't work.

Philadelphia--see Pittsburgh, Anaheim & SJ

Islanders-Nice look, not too different, but a bit more distinct

Chicago--I'd prefer the option B--maybe with a red stripe int he middle--sort of more consistent, option A looks too busy, but C is a good as well.

Dallas-This could be a cool 3rd, but I really like what they have now, and this is too busy to compete, but it would be a cool 3rd.

overall--some nice ideas, some cleaning up, some tweaks, some chances that work for me, some that don't.

Hope to see some more from you.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived