NHL Redux by OSM61 - Red Wings, Wild updated (22/30 teams)

OhioSportsMan61

Thanks for all of the comments so far! I think that I may work up an edit on the flames concept, but for the most part I really do like how the horse logo pops on both the home and road (similar to the effect the Blackhawks logo has on their uniforms), but there may be minor changes if I do end up coming up with a second version. As for the Ducks, I'm going to leave them how it is. Sure the home may lack a bit of black, but the rest of the uniform (pants, helmet, gloves) make up for it.

Again thanks for all of the kind comments and criticism. I'll go ahead and post the next two teams from the Pacific Division

5) San Jose Sharks

SJShf_zpsk92ygu2n.png

SJSrf_zpsllja4ftk.png

Sort of a mix between a typical Reebok styled jersey (which I know is hypocritical because the whole goal of this series is to break away from that, but I think this fits well with their identity) and a few different designs I have seen on the boards over the years (credit to J3 for the basis of the idea of the striping/piping).

6) Edmonton Oilers

EDMhf_zps5yalfngz.png

EDMrf_zpswfaztaoo.png

With the McDavid era about to begin, they need a fresh look. Simple, modern, yet classy imo. Orange numbers on the road uniform stick out and are unique to them.

Let me know what you all think!

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a big fan of the Sharks, particularly the home version. Ditching the orange striping for silver is the best aesthetic decision you could make for the team and the set evokes the feeling of the pre-edge set, only better. This time, the striping is cohesive and there are no gimmicky mesh panels. Shoulder patches look stellar as well :)

I'm a big fan of the Sharks, particularly the home version. Ditching the orange striping for silver is the best aesthetic decision you could make for the team and the set evokes the feeling of the pre-edge set, only better. This time, the striping is cohesive and there are no gimmicky mesh panels. Shoulder patches look stellar as well :)

Thanks Morgo!

I've also updated the Flames, very subtle change in the striping and changed the shoulder patches, too.

CGYhf_zpsh9dwzte6.png

CGYrf_zpskfbamyl9.png

2LYbxnm.png

Really like what you've done with all the teams. The Canucks set looks great, traditional, yet pays homage to their first jersey's with the V on the sleeves. Really good stuff. The Sharks new set looks great too, their IRL set right now is simply too plain and the orange doesn't belong, only tweak I'd make is to the stick and eyes in that logo, instead of orange, make them grey to make it flow better with the rest of the jersey. Really like the fact that you used the infamous horse head logo for the Flames but I think it would look better with their primary flaming C logo. Great series, loving it so far!

Can I ask what the significance of the horse on fire is for Calgary? I know it's a western town, has a horse/rodeo culture, but why does the horse's head need to have flames coming out of it?

Maybe I don't understand the history behind that logo, but personally, I have never understood it or liked it. I am pretty sure they have used a version of the horse head already, but the horse-head-on-fire thing doesn't work for me at all.

Can I ask what the significance of the horse on fire is for Calgary? I know it's a western town, has a horse/rodeo culture, but why does the horse's head need to have flames coming out of it?

Maybe I don't understand the history behind that logo, but personally, I have never understood it or liked it. I am pretty sure they have used a version of the horse head already, but the horse-head-on-fire thing doesn't work for me at all.

Here is a link to the history of Flames uniforms and its explanation as to why the horse head was used...

The unique addition is the horse head logo, which was a tribute to the Western elements of Calgary and the year of the Cowboy. The main feature of the logo is fire breathing out from its nostrils.

I'll go ahead and post the final team of the Pacific Division now...

7) Phoenix Coyotes

ARIHF_zpslc3gr0zw.png

ARIRF_zps8ld8imh0.png

Any other comments or criticism on the Oilers/Sharks?? Stay tuned for the Metro Division which is next

2LYbxnm.png

Can I ask what the significance of the horse on fire is for Calgary? I know it's a western town, has a horse/rodeo culture, but why does the horse's head need to have flames coming out of it?Maybe I don't understand the history behind that logo, but personally, I have never understood it or liked it. I am pretty sure they have used a version of the horse head already, but the horse-head-on-fire thing doesn't work for me at all.

Here is a link to the history of Flames uniforms and its explanation as to why the horse head was used...

The unique addition is the horse head logo, which was a tribute to the Western elements of Calgary and the year of the Cowboy. The main feature of the logo is fire breathing out from its nostrils.

I'll go ahead and post the final team of the Pacific Division now... 7) Phoenix Coyotes ARIHF_zpslc3gr0zw.pngARIRF_zps8ld8imh0.png Any other comments or criticism on the Oilers/Sharks?? Stay tuned for the Metro Division which is next

Perfect. Literally perfect.

spacer.png

7) Phoenix Coyotes

ARIHF_zpslc3gr0zw.png

ARIRF_zps8ld8imh0.png

Any other comments or criticism on the Oilers/Sharks?? Stay tuned for the Metro Division which is next

Perfection. Glad to see you using the Phoenix Coyotes (which sounds so much better than Arizona Coyotes).

Thanks!

7) Phoenix Coyotes

Perfection. Glad to see you using the Phoenix Coyotes (which sounds so much better than Arizona Coyotes).

Thanks! I agree with the Arizona naming issue, Phoenix just sounds better imo.

I lIke what you've done with all the teams so far. I'm probably one of the few that like the horse logo for Calgary. Phoenix is a thing of beauty.

Thanks, too! Like I said before, I really liked how the horse head pops and fits in well with the colors scheme of the uniforms. I guess we are some of the few who see it that way.

I absolutely love all of your work so far. I love the revival of the Picasso Coyote for Arizona. The font for the Flames is spot on

Thanks! I wish the Coyotes would keep using the picasso logo, has so much more character and is more unique than a simple coyote head.

Any other comments or criticism before I move on to the Metropolitan Division?

2LYbxnm.png

Thanks!

7) Phoenix Coyotes

Thanks! I agree with the Arizona naming issue, Phoenix just sounds better imo.

I lIke what you've done with all the teams so far. I'm probably one of the few that like the horse logo for Calgary. Phoenix is a thing of beauty.

Thanks, too! Like I said before, I really liked how the horse head pops and fits in well with the colors scheme of the uniforms. I guess we are some of the few who see it that way.

I absolutely love all of your work so far. I love the revival of the Picasso Coyote for Arizona. The font for the Flames is spot on

Thanks! I wish the Coyotes would keep using the picasso logo, has so much more character and is more unique than a simple coyote head.

Any other comments or criticism before I move on to the Metropolitan Division?

Yes, I have a comment. Keep up the good work because these are amazing!

Just realized I forgot to say this, I think you should reverse the colors of the numbers on the Oilers road jersey.

Other than that, your work has been incredible so far. Keep it up and I'm very excited to see what you do with the Capitals.

spacer.png

Time to move on to the Metro Division!

8) Carolina Hurricanes

CARHF_zps1gxcggd0.png

CARRF_zpslxfieapy.png

Black and silver are much more prominent now, and the warning flags are back!

9) New York Rangers

NYRhf_zpsk5lkjv6r.png

NYRrf_zpsgpoyozy7.png

Not much has changed here, the Rangers have too much of a classic look to drastically change. The striping, stitching now match, and a New York script has been added to the road.

C&C always welcome

2LYbxnm.png

This series just gets better and better by the concept. Incredible work as always, you've got quite a series going on here.

spacer.png

I feel like there should be some white added to Carolina's away jersey so the numbers and logo don't seem out of place. Other than that, there's not much to complain about. All great concepts.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Time to move on to the Metro Division!

8) Carolina Hurricanes

CARHF_zps1gxcggd0.png

CARRF_zpslxfieapy.png

Black and silver are much more prominent now, and the warning flags are back!

9) New York Rangers

NYRhf_zpsk5lkjv6r.png

NYRrf_zpsgpoyozy7.png

Not much has changed here, the Rangers have too much of a classic look to drastically change. The striping, stitching now match, and a New York script has been added to the road.

C&C always welcome

Both look really good. I actually happen to be working on the same time of idea for the Rangers.

Archived