NHL Redux by OSM61 - Red Wings, Wild updated (22/30 teams)

OhioSportsMan61

It's been a while since I last put together a concept series, but I have recently have had some time now that I'm out of school to work on some concepts, and figured I would start a new series for the summer.

Anyways, my goal for this series is to come up with a new, unique set of uniforms for each NHL team. When I say new, I mean one that has never been worn by the team to encourage myself to be more creative. I also want to get rid of the "standard" reebok template to allow each team to have their own identity and not look too similar to other teams around the league (a la Lightning and Leafs/Wings).

As of 5/28, I have completed half of the league, and will start posting one or two concepts at a time per day. I'll start by posting the teams from the Pacific Division now, followed by the Metro!

C&C is always appreciated, and more than welcomed! Enjoy

Pacific Division

Los Angeles Kings (update)

Vancouver Canucks

Calgary Flames (update)

Anaheim Ducks

San Jose Sharks

Edmonton Oilers

Arizona/Phoenix Coyotes

Metropolitan Division

Carolina Hurricanes (update)

New York Rangers

Columbus Blue Jackets

Pittsburgh Penguins

New Jersey Devils

Washington Capitals

Philadelphia Flyers (update)

New York Islanders

Central Division

Chicago Blackhawks (update)

Colorado Avalanche

Dallas Stars

Nashville Predators

Minnesota Wild (update)

Atlantic Division

Florida Panthers

Detroit Redwings

Tampa Bay Lightning

1) Los Angeles Kings

LAKhf_zpsqdmgyvtk.png

LAKrf_zps4x5h5wtk.png

2) Vancouver Canucks

VANhf_zpsqlo0i672.png

VANrf_zps87eo8pc6.png

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kings: Very nice. I've always liked when Manchester wore that color scheme, and it looks just as good for the Kings. My only gripe is the gold numbers on the road jersey. I'd go with purple.

Canucks: Love it. The V in the sleeve stripes is a cool touch.

Looking forward to seeing the rest!

Kings: Meh. I like the unique color scheme, but it's something that I don't think the Kings should dive into. Black, Silver, Gold, Yellow, and Purple are the Kings' colors. I also don't see a reason to throwback to the original identity, nothing significant happened there. I can deal with it, but it could be better. 6/10.

Cancucks: Perfect. Perfect. 10/10.

Los Angeles: I LOVE that color scheme, with one small exception. Toning down the gold was a great idea, but with no border between the black and purple, the black stripes get kind of lost.

Vancouver: While I personally would prefer the orca to remain, I would change nothing on your concept. Making the stripes consistent goes a long way.

Great job so far. I'm looking forward to the rest.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Kings: Pretty good, need to move that black stripe, as earlier commenter noted it gets lost placed right against the purple. I really don't like the number font. The Kings have had too many odd fonts, maybe just use a traditional block.

Canucks: Love the sleeve "V"s! Collar striping is amazing too. I'd either swap the logos putting the V-Canuck on the shoulder and the Stick/Rink in the middle or go with the full body Johnny Canuck.

Thanks for all of the feedback so far everyone! I've made some changes to the Kings concept, I will post them below.

Kings: Meh. I like the unique color scheme, but it's something that I don't think the Kings should dive into. Black, Silver, Gold, Yellow, and Purple are the Kings' colors. I also don't see a reason to throwback to the original identity, nothing significant happened there. I can deal with it, but it could be better. 6/10.

Cancucks: Perfect. Perfect. 10/10.

Not sure why you feel this way, but my Kings concept isn't really supposed to reflect the original identity/be a throwback. I really just wanted to incorporate more colors, and have a unique identity that can be easily identifiable with Los Angeles.

Kings: Pretty good, need to move that black stripe, as earlier commenter noted it gets lost placed right against the purple. I really don't like the number font. The Kings have had too many odd fonts, maybe just use a traditional block.

Canucks: Love the sleeve "V"s! Collar striping is amazing too. I'd either swap the logos putting the V-Canuck on the shoulder and the Stick/Rink in the middle or go with the full body Johnny Canuck.

Yeah, with the update you'll notice the big changes with the black striping. I think I fixed that problem. As for the number font, I think I will keep it the same (but change it to purple on the road) because it fits well with the identity I tried to build. And for the Canucks C&C, I really am not a fan of the stick in rink logo as the primary, fits more as a patch if you know what I mean. I tried out the Johnny Canuck logo, too, and that just looked tacky imo.

Anyways, here is an update to the Kings:

LAKhf2_zps3dyyugqx.png

LAKrf2_zps7jdstbgv.png

2LYbxnm.png

I feel that the striping on the Ducks is a tad close to what your Kings have

Looking at them now, I see what you mean. Definitely did not intend for that to happen, as they were made at two separate times :oops: . I'll work on an update in the hem striping for the Ducks to more closely match the arm striping. Stay tuned!

2LYbxnm.png

Pretty good series so far.

Kings - Not bad at all. The update looks a lot better, but the colors remind me of the Ravens lol

Canucks - Amazing. Might look even better with the SiR logo

Flames - Would look so much better with the current logo but still looks awesome. Also think that the shoulder yoke could use an outline; white on home, black on road

Ducks - Really good but I feel like the home uniform could use more black.

spacer.png

Back to the drawing board on the Flames. That logo is barely secondary material.

To end on positive note, I like what you did for the Ducks. Proves you can make original striping without being outlandish. The colour balance works well with the orange jersey, something few ducks orange jerseys are able to pull off.

Kings: Something about those numbers is really bothering me

Vancouver: I never have and never will be a fan of ANY Johnny Canuck logo and think it should be removed from the set or at least updated. I think the plain V is the missing piece, would make an awesome jersey logo

Calgary: I may be (am) in the minority here but I actually like the horse logo, it just needs a couple tweaks (e.g. swapping black and yellow)

Ducks: Nearly perfect. 9/10. Like Crabcake said, there needs to be more blacc in the set

Archived