Chicago Bulls and the Chicago Flag Stars

kurtatx

It works so well because the Chicago flag is such an iconic design. It's one of the best city flags in the US, and Chicago fans use it like crazy. Why do you think the fan response to the Fire's new road jersey was so positive?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Pretty much every Chicago team has embraced the four stars, I don't think Chicago can own that on their own. If they decided to make an alternate logo with six stars I could see them trying to tie them in.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Don't gild the lily. Thanks to Michael Jordan, the Bulls' own uniforms represent Chicago just fine without the skyline and the transplant tattoo all over them.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Don't gild the lily. Thanks to Michael Jordan, the Bulls' own uniforms represent Chicago just fine without the skyline and the transplant tattoo all over them.

Thank you. This trend of "pride uniforms" seemingly started with UnderArmour and Maryland is a blight on humanity. No, we don't need a different uniform that's not in team colors just to tell people what city we're from. Chicago can be represented in a distinctive and iconic way by red and black, navy and orange, black and gray *and* royal blue and red. We don't need a team wearing the flag to represent the city. I mean, if you like the design and want to see it on a uniform, that's fine. Maybe make a concept for the Grizzlies and try to stir up the Dixmoor fervor again. Or just say "this might be a good idea for the Bulls if they had no history at all and were looking to be so transparent in their pandering that people would feel bad for not rooting for them." Honestly, that uniform concept is something you see for sale at Walgreens. The Bulls don't need to stoop to that. As silly as the Cincinnati Bengals uniforms are with over-the-topness about their team name, that's as silly as that is about the city.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

light blue and red ? not my cup of tea, they should change it to blackhawks and bulls colors, red white and black with the stars in the middle :D

Crazy thing is, it would look like the flag of Iraq 1963-1991

:wacko:

Yeah...even though there is one more star...we can't do that. Although if we did, Chicago is the place to do it!

1280px-Flag_of_Iraq_(1963-1991)%3B_Flag_

87Redskins.png

Thank you. This trend of "pride uniforms" seemingly started with UnderArmour and Maryland is a blight on humanity. No, we don't need a different uniform that's not in team colors just to tell people what city we're from. Chicago can be represented in a distinctive and iconic way by red and black, navy and orange, black and gray *and* royal blue and red. We don't need a team wearing the flag to represent the city. I mean, if you like the design and want to see it on a uniform, that's fine. Maybe make a concept for the Grizzlies and try to stir up the Dixmoor fervor again. Or just say "this might be a good idea for the Bulls if they had no history at all and were looking to be so transparent in their pandering that people would feel bad for not rooting for them." Honestly, that uniform concept is something you see for sale at Walgreens. The Bulls don't need to stoop to that. As silly as the Cincinnati Bengals uniforms are with over-the-topness about their team name, that's as silly as that is about the city.

Agreed...the NBAis becoming more of a fashion show than anything else with current uniform trends.

Leave the sleeves off...stop with the crazy nicknames for cities like Rip City, Dunk City, Lob City, etc and just stick to the team's identity. Oh yeah, and keep the team named in English.

87Redskins.png

^ Rip City actually has meaning to both the Trailblazers franchise and the city of Portland, and they were the first ones to introduce a jersey with that as the word mark. Rip City originated in the 70's, and certainly should not be considered in the same category as Lob City, etc.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

^ Rip City actually has meaning to both the Trailblazers franchise and the city of Portland, and they were the first ones to introduce a jersey with that as the word mark. Rip City originated in the 70's, and certainly should not be considered in the same category as Lob City, etc.

It might have more significance to it than "The Land" or "The Ville", but on a pro basketball uniform it's takes it down to the level of a storm-trooper minor league hockey jersey. The Portland Trailblazers can do fine making uniforms which only feature the team name or the city. Windy City, Motor City, all that crap can be saved for t-shirts. They might have their place, but it's not on a pro jersey for even one game.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

To locals sure, but it's amatuerish to appear on a jersey.

It's on par with the Celtics trotting out in jerseys that say "Beantown", the Knicks wearing jerseys seying "The Big Apple" or the Bulls sporting "Windy City" jerseys. Would you want to see the Raptors wearing "Queen City" jerseys or worse yet, "Big D" on the front of Mavericks jerseys? Get it now?

No thanks. Stick to the team's identity.

87Redskins.png

It might have more significance to it than "The Land" or "The Ville", but on a pro basketball uniform it's takes it down to the level of a storm-trooper minor league hockey jersey. The Portland Trailblazers can do fine making uniforms which only feature the team name or the city. Windy City, Motor City, all that crap can be saved for t-shirts. They might have their place, but it's not on a pro jersey for even one game.

For me, it's only bad if it's a name that has no relation to the team name. "Rip City?" Bad. "Windy City?" You're the Bulls, not the Hawks. Bad. "Beantown?" No way. "Motor City?" They're called the Pistons, so fine. That's okay. But on the other hand, "Motown" would be a no-no in my book.

As for incorporating flag imagery into the Bulls' brand? If it's done tastefully, I'm all for it. But it seems that "tasteful" is a bit of a lost art these days, so no.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Rip City is term coined by the Blazers play-by-play guy back in the 70s and has been used by them ever since. Most people in Portland and surrounding area know it as a term referring to the Blazers, not the city of Portland itself, which makes it unique when compared to "Windy City" and "Motor City."

Bulls should only have "Chicago" in cursive or "BULLS"..I won't mind if they play with the colors to reflect the flag.

Luvabulls been doing this for years and I would empty my account for a ROSE or BUTLER jersey like this one.

luv_aud_777_0.jpg

luvabulls_poster_0.jpg

LUVABULLS1.jpg

But nickname on uniforms like Motor City and RipCity etc..I NEVER liked.. but I love that these Pride uniforms have at least took risks. Lakers,Magic,Suns, Celtics are examples that I liked. Sure they aren't the best but still ok. They'd be 100× better sans-serif sleeves though.

shado_logo.gif

Archived