New England Revolution Crest Concept

aawagner011

Here is my take on an updated New England Revs crest. They've long needed a do-over as their current look is extremely generic and outdated. Inspiration was loosely taken from uniforms worn during the American Revolution. The tree at the top is obviously from the flag of New England. The stars at the bottom reference the 6 states in New England and also note the year of the Revs' first season.

Thoughts?

2qncy9v.png

I really like it but I'm not feeling the tree, maybe make it more like the one from the flag and maybe have the cross go all the way to the roundel. Also, are you making uniforms too?

The idea is good, but when I look at the cross I see a windmill, which is much associated with New York. Perhaps you should just put the initials of the club left and right of the cross somehow so it doesn't get interuppted by the team name.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

The problem I find here is scale. That many separate elements thrown into a roundel together tends to get cluttered at a distance. I'd work on making the wordmark more pronounced/legible.

Midway.png

Here is my take on an updated New England Revs crest. They've long needed a do-over as their current look is extremely generic and outdated. Inspiration was loosely taken from uniforms worn during the American Revolution. The tree at the top is obviously from the flag of New England. The stars at the bottom reference the 6 states in New England and also note the year of the Revs' first season.

Thoughts?

2qncy9v.png

*plays 90s X-Men theme*

x_men_team_pin_up_by_rkw0021.jpg

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

The idea is good, but when I look at the cross I see a windmill

Yeah, I'm getting this vibe too. I understand the inspiration for it, I just don't think it translates well onto a roundel crest in this case.

gYH2mW9.png

A nice touch up to a 2000's look

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Archived