Red Sox unis

vicfurth

I know this sounds crazy but I swear I saw the Sox wear the red jerseys with names on the back during a game this year.

I'm not crazy, am I?

I know they have names on the back of their road jerseys...not sure about the Red Homes though...

The Red Sox have never worn camo jerseys.

The Red alternate jerseys were worn mostly on Sundays last year when they debuted. This year they have worn them 3 times by my count, the last two times in starts made by Derek Lowe. The last time was on the back end of a doubleheader and Lowe asked specifically to wear them as he had a good start the last time they had worn them.

The Sox batting jerseys are the only red jerseys that have player's names on them. If you saw game footage with them wearing them, it is from spring training.

The white hats were worn in one game in the late 90's (97 I think). IIRC, it was a start made by Bret Saberghagen.

patriotssignature.png

I can get to the style guide, but can't open any of the clubs except the ones making changes. What am I doning wrong?

Just go here, then click on "Style Guide Changes/Club Unveilings", then just click on any team.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The white hats were worn in one game in the late 90's (97 I think). IIRC, it was a start made by Bret Saberghagen.

i tell ya, it was a good look for em *dodges tomatoes* you guys called it the painter outfit, whaddaya call the regular uniform? :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

That same season they also tried out a white hat, but no one liked it. Since then, only Kansas City has worn a light colored hat consistently.

the white(and gray) hat diaries since the Jays dropped their famed blue/white hats:

Reds 93-99: white w/red pinstripes, worn at home

Orioles 96 or 97: gray w/black bill, worn on road.

Red Sox: aforementioned

Pirates: 97-99, i think. similar to Baltimore's version.

Royals: gray w/blue KC and bill, worn on road

Mets: 97, one game (Jackie Rob's 42 retired across MLB)...white hat w/blue bill, blue NY. for mentoin's sake, also the first appearance of the pinstripe-less white unis.

and i ask...it is July. would it not make sense to have a light-colored hat, i.e. white, gray, gold, etc?

2016cubscreamsig.png

That same season they also tried out a white hat, but no one liked it. Since then, only Kansas City has worn a light colored hat consistently.

the white(and gray) hat diaries since the Jays dropped their famed blue/white hats:

Reds 93-99: white w/red pinstripes, worn at home

Orioles 96 or 97: gray w/black bill, worn on road.

Red Sox: aforementioned

Pirates: 97-99, i think. similar to Baltimore's version.

Royals: gray w/blue KC and bill, worn on road

Mets: 97, one game (Jackie Rob's 42 retired across MLB)...white hat w/blue bill, blue NY. for mentoin's sake, also the first appearance of the pinstripe-less white unis.

and i ask...it is July. would it not make sense to have a light-colored hat, i.e. white, gray, gold, etc?

Actually, the Orioles wore the "road" hat only during the 1995 season, and not very consistently. Brady Anderson said that while the hat looked good on its own (and he was right), when you sent nine guys out in them they looked like a bunch of railroad engineers.

That season the Orioles had three caps:

All black: meant for home games

Gray w/ black bill: meant for road games

Black with orange bill: meant for games when the black alternate jerseys were worn, they wound up being used as BP caps.

They also had piping down the front of ALL their jerseys at the start of that year, but Peter Angelos allegedly ordered it removed from the alternates as it made them look "too gaudy."

The Red Sox have never worn camo jerseys.

The Red alternate jerseys were worn mostly on Sundays last year when they debuted. This year they have worn them 3 times by my count, the last two times in starts made by Derek Lowe. The last time was on the back end of a doubleheader and Lowe asked specifically to wear them as he had a good start the last time they had worn them.

The Sox batting jerseys are the only red jerseys that have player's names on them. If you saw game footage with them wearing them, it is from spring training.

They wore the camo once.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Sox have never worn camo...that would have been big news around here if they had.

The only "different" uniforms the Red Sox have worn in the last 5 or so years...

Green jerseys & hats on St. Patrick's Day (spring training)

random dates...throwback uniforms (1909 era, with Boston-in-sock logo)

possibly Boston Braves uniforms during throwback games against Atlanta

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The only throwback unis that the Sox have worn recently are the ones they wore in Pittsburgh last year (oversized tops with collars) and the ones they wore against Atlanta back in 97 or 98 (the ones witht the red sock across them - when Mo Vaughn was there).

patriotssignature.png

BUMP, looks like the Sox will wear them on Sunday, not only just on the 2nd part of a doubleheader.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

lowe must feel lucky in red, i actually watched part of the game and the Bosox are kickin sum yankee ass....just ain't the bombers' night.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived