Anyone have any ideas which Panamanian manufacturer is “Soccer Uniform Company A”?

From the U.S. Department of Justice indictment following their raid that resulted in the arrest of several FIFA officials:

Ultimately, WEBB decided to use an overseas company that manufactured soccer uniforms and soccer balls (“Soccer Uniform Company A”), the identity of which is known to the Grand Jury. Co-Conspirator #23, like the defendant COSTAS TAKKAS a close associate of WEBB, had a connection to Soccer Uniform Company A. WEBB eventually instructed Co-Conspirator #4 to submit a false invoice to Traffic USA for $1.1 million to be paid to Soccer Uniform Company A, which Co-Conspirator #4 did.

There can't be that many Panamanian manufacturers of soccer uniforms and balls, can there? I'd be curious whether it was a major one that outfitted any notable clubs or just a complete front that didn't do much actual business.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I didn't read the doc either since legalese isn't among my languages, but I got it from this article, which said the company is from Panama, although that may mean that it just has a location there

You didn't read that correctly either. There is no claim of a Panamanian company, just the writer's hypothetical.

"Down here, with the plebes of the world, I can only imagine what its like to be handed a briefcase full of cash, walk into a hotel conference room where an envelope with my name on it awaits, or create a Panamanian soccer uniform company because my bribe money has to get laundered somewhere."

And since Jose Hawilla, the founder of Traffic Group, already plead guilty within this DoJ probe AND brokered the deal between Nike and the Brazil Soccer Federation, more than likely Nike is the unnamed company.

I didn't read the doc either since legalese isn't among my languages, but I got it from this article, which said the company is from Panama, although that may mean that it just has a location there

You didn't read that correctly either. There is no claim of a Panamanian company, just the writer's hypothetical.

"Down here, with the plebes of the world, I can only imagine what its like to be handed a briefcase full of cash, walk into a hotel conference room where an envelope with my name on it awaits, or create a Panamanian soccer uniform company because my bribe money has to get laundered somewhere."

And since Jose Hawilla, the founder of Traffic Group, already plead guilty within this DoJ probe AND brokered the deal between Nike and the Brazil Soccer Federation, more than likely Nike is the unnamed company.

That hypothetical refers to the 3rd section, headlined "Another great money hiding option was a 'soccer uniform company' in Panama".

The Nike example is the 8th section, "A multinational sportswear company got tangled up in all this (it may be Nike!)" and is most likely distinct from the Panama case.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I read the actual document. Nike is Sportswear Company 1. There was a Soccer Uniform Company 1 noted in the indictment from panama. Lotto was my first thought as well. Kappa was another thought but its from Italy too. I'm not really sure what company is really is.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Archived