American Premier League - All done!

raysox

If you wanted to include the checkered patterns in the kits, maybe make them sublimated?

But this really reminds me of Maryland lol

That's the thing, I don't really want to. I love the kits. I get the checkers complaint cause I thought the same when I was doing the logo. I felt like the best look was the one I posted above.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queens Park SC

Queens Park is the most accomplished team in the American soccer history. The team was put together by teams in Queens and Brooklyn to merge a super team in the early 1930s. The team had instant success. The team took over in the 1940s. From 1940 to 1946, the team won 5 championships of 7. Then 2 US Open Cups in 41 and 42. The team was closely tied to the city of New York, and could bring in bigger American players, as well as immigrants during World War 2. Queens Park won two USOC in the 50s, and a league title. The team built a new stadium that was the anchor of the 1964 World's Fair, throwing the club into international focus. The team built up from new stadium hype went on to win their first CONCACAF championship in 1966, 5 years into the competition. But the team's high spending cost the team in the long run. From 1966 to 89, the team won no trophies. But once they got the monkey off their back, the trophies poured in. Three straight championships in 89 90 and 91, a USOC in 89, and a CONCACAF Champions League in 90 and 91. Another title in 2000, then an emotional Champions League and USOC in 2001. The team is known as the giants in American soccer, but the league has been more competitive since the playoffs started mixing up the champions. A title in 2012, and CONCACAF title in 2013 brings their totals to - 6 USOC, 5 CONCACAF, and 12 league titles. They can afford the best players in the world, and act like it.

Named after the location and the London club, their first uniforms were blue and white hoops to match. But since, then, the team adopted orange to match the New York City flag. The Nassau County flag's crest has been the team's crest since their inception. The clash isn't consistent. Currently, the clash takes cues from the flag of Queens.

QueensPark.png

So I haven't been working on these as much, but I need some team name ideas for Seattle, Omaha, San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas, and Houston.

I think a San Francisco team whose name mentions "Golden Gate" in some way would be pretty cool, since this is, after all, a pretty "historic" league.

Also, are you planning to do a few teams for the Bay Area, or just San Francisco?

I personally love Emerald City for a Seattle club :P

Definitely Emerald City for Seattle! thats a good one.

Thanks! Fixed it.

So I haven't been working on these as much, but I need some team name ideas for Seattle, Omaha, San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas, and Houston.

Something with windy city maybe for chicago

Dallas and Houston, maybe something referencing Texas Republic, Lone Star, Sam Houston, etc

Really like the look for Queens Park. The crest has a very historic, old school look to it (a la Man U) and fits for a team with so much history. The blue and orange hoops are a really unique look and instantly recognizable. My only issue is with the sponsor logo—it's a little low. I would move it up so it's centered in the orange stripe (and move it on the clash kit accordingly).

I like the Queens Park concept but I don't get why the Nassau County flag crest is on the jersey of a team that originated from a combination of Queens and Brooklyn clubs?

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Cause they're still in Nassau County? Common link between the two cities and to differentiate between them and New York Teams. Also I could find a vector of the seal so I used that hahah

Fair enough :lol:

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

As much as I agree, I don't think this is the right league for that, since this one's more about clubs formed in the early 1900s, and Seattleites didn't give our city that nickname until 1981-82.

(This has nothing to do with me making a team named Emerald City for a soccer concept league I have in the works,)

The obvious choice would be a WWII-era Seattle team with an aviation theme. You could also consider the jazz scene that was vibrant during the first half of the 1900s, or the shipbuilding/port aspect that's always been a part of Seattle's success.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

As much as I agree, I don't think this is the right league for that, since this one's more about clubs formed in the early 1900s, and Seattleites didn't give our city that nickname until 1981-82.

I simply suggested Emerald City because my EPL based fantasy league on the boards goes by that name as well.

Archived