American Premier League - All done!

raysox

Guess who lost power while typing the story yesterday!

Polski Chicago

Chicago was a city of immigrants, with several teams springing up as social clubs. Some teams fizzled, some teams prospered. Polski Chicago was a strong team located on the South Side, who combated the American team in the North Side. The Polski team formed in the early 30s, copying the uniform the Polish national team wore in the 1934 World Cup. The team doesn't have much history, but have spent a long time in the top tier of American soccer. Their first title was in 1943, and a US Open cup in 1954. The team had trouble finding sponsors, unlike other teams it connected to a group of people. From 1958 to 1964, the team was relegated. In the early 70s, the team brought in a few players from the 1970s World Cup as they expanded their roster to non Eastern European players. They figured as long as the owners remained in the right hands, then they could still represent Chicago Poles. The team won a US Open in 1973 and a league title in 1974. The owners of Polski were very against the league turning to playoffs to determine a champion, and it shows because that was the last title for the team.

The team continues wearing white and red, throughout their history. The clash is often light blue, but has been navy in recent years. The crest hasn't changed since their inception, which is just the coat of arms of Poland.
Polski.png

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh heck yes. Polski looks brilliant. I really like the look of the clash kit (which I assume is on purpose), how it seems to merge the looks of both the light blue and navy kits they've worn in their history. Very creative! And that primary kit is one I'd put money down for.

I think if I had any suggestions at all, I think white socks with the primary kit might look a little more balanced than the red. But even still, that's a sharp overall kit. Nicely done once again! This is becoming one of my favorite series right now.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I saw this and instantly thought of the Netherlands soccer kits lol. Looks great though! The only thing is that the red logo on the secondary kit looks really out of place IMO. Maybe make it blue or white to go with the kit?

I know I haven't been following this thread much, but all designs are top-notch in my book. I'm especially a fan of the Pawtucket Rangers look. As for the next look, I want to see what you have for SLC. Keep up the great work, raysox.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Salt Lake City SC

Salt Lake City SC was a newer team. The team was formed in the mid 70s to keep up with the other emerging western cities. Since their inception, they've worn black and yellow kits and were nicknamed the Bees. Utah is the beehive state, so it all fit. The team's first promotion came in 1983, heading up to League 2. After dropping down from 1987 to 1991, the team got new owners going forward. They didn't have much success however. They played in League 3 from 1995 to 2002. After climbing up to the top of League 2, they finally made the jump to the American Premier League for the 2011 season. The Bees have a sprawling fan base and are closely tied to the Mormon community. They have no major trophy, but are seen as sweethearts for some surprising wins against the best of the league on the road.

SLC.png

Ah yes, hometown team!! SLC looks fantastic. In fact, no lie...that's kinda what I had guessed you'd do for them for some reason. Hoops and all. I absolutely love it!

I'm just curious, what was the reason for the royal blue accents and bottoms for the clash kit? I really love the look of it. I just was curious if there was like a historical reason to it, or if you just liked the way it looked. Whatever it was, it was a good choice. Nice work again!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived