Updating the Arizona Cardinals

LeeTraylor

Thought I'd take a crack at updating the Arizona Cardinals. I believe it's past time that the Cards' look gets refreshed. eMMS8QQ.pngA few notes:

• I largely kept the logo as is, but removed the pupil.
  • I changed to a brighter shade of red to play up the desert heat angle.
  • Carried the black and yellow from the logo to accents throughout the uniform.
  • Added nods to the Arizona state flag.
  • New secondary logo.
  • Added a helmet stripe.

Look forward to critiques and new ideas.

I also agree with @GoNordiques about the eye issue. Dropping the pupil doesn't work in this case. The white eye is now way too large and therefore needs a pupil badly.

I like the new secondary mark, although I think the wing could be a little thicker. It looks a little too fragile right now. It should at least be as thick, of the same weight, as the letter "A".

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Really needs a pupil. Nice, though

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Replaced the pupil and thickened the bar in the secondary A.

X7kIVZN.png

Please never ever use Arial for any sports logo. It's just always looking bad and absolutely unfitting for several reasons. The typeface you used in your previous draft was totally okay. Arial is the ugly sister of Helvetica and therefore should never see daylight.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Haha the font is there by mistake - I didn't intend to change it. I updated this on my laptop which apparently does not have the original font I used and Inkscape apparently defaulted it to Arial. Didn't catch it before I exported it. Here it is with the original font:

j68YOqX.png

Agree with everyone and glad you changed the lack of pupil. The beak still looks awkward to me- maybe flatten it? Love the AZ decal- so crisp. I think it would be cool to incorporate the yellow the same way the titans incorporate the red- not really a color but a color sort of thing. Love it.

St. Joseph of Arimathea, Pray for Us

"Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God." Mt 27:54

Archived